HP laptop will not start

edgar gillham

I bought a 15-p390nr H P laptop and it would not turn on (walmart). Tried to contact the vendor, they moved. Tried every on line suggestion but still no luck. Tried to return it to HP for repairs but not able to find a way. HP trouble shoot doesn't work but they give no address or process for returning the laptop for factory repair or replacement. none of the local shops will work on a laptop that doesn't turn on (Shawnee Oklahoma). Lack mobility because of illness.

_Pete_

Well I'm afraid to say that it looks like you have been screwed. If it was mine I try a different power supply and battery but of course that would cost more money and could mean a blown new power supply.. Take the battery out and see if it runs with just the power supply plugged in. There is a reason why most shops will not work on a laptop that wont turn on. laptop motherboards tend to be specific and difficult or impossible to get hold of. faulty motherboards can blow good power supplies so everyone is reluctant to work on something like that.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I bought a 15-p390nr H P laptop and it would not turn on (walmart). Tried to contact the vendor, they moved.
When did you buy it? So you are saying Walmart moved?
Tried to return it to HP for repairs but not able to find a way. HP trouble shoot doesn't work but they give no address or process for returning the laptop for factory repair or replacement.

Just a little online searching to find HP contact for customer support.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Okedokey

Remove battery and power cable. Hold down the on button for 30 seconds. Replace battery and power cable (to ensure power regardless of battery state) and try to power on. IF this doesn't work, repeat above and then try power on without battery and just power cord.