HP Omen FPS Drops

Bruh171717

Hello, I have an HP Omen and I play games like CSGO and other games like GTA 5. I always get FPS drops randomly when I play my games and I have to unplug my charger and plug it back in which fixes it. My laptop specs can run GTA and CSGO but I still get the FPS drops randomly. Is there a fix for this? Thanks!

Specs:
GTX 965m 4gb vram
12gb ram
i7 6700hq
1tb storage 5400rpm

Bruh171717

Thanks for the reply but it is on performance, I get really high FPS then in like 10-15 minutes I go down to like 30

Okedokey

Make sure its on performance settings for both power and battery. Being a laptop, make sure it is not overheating. Update all drivers, bios, etc. update windows.

Thats about all I can think of right now.

Bruh171717

Make sure its on performance settings for both power and battery. Being a laptop, make sure it is not overheating. Update all drivers, bios, etc. update windows.

Thats about all I can think of right now.
How do I check if it's overheating

Okedokey

You can download MSI Afterburner and check the temps during gaming. I think what is happening is that you're getting overheating however that doesn't explain the power in / out fix - although this could down-clock the gpu for a moment alleviating the issue.

If you can raise the base of the laptop up off the desk and direct a fan at the base, that may help. Otherwise a cooling pad designed for laptops is a possibility.

Intel_man

VIP Member
It definitely sounds like symptoms of thermal throttling if your performance starts to deteriorate after a certain amount of time.

Bruh171717

You can download MSI Afterburner and check the temps during gaming. I think what is happening is that you're getting overheating however that doesn't explain the power in / out fix - although this could down-clock the gpu for a moment alleviating the issue.

If you can raise the base of the laptop up off the desk and direct a fan at the base, that may help. Otherwise a cooling pad designed for laptops is a possibility.
Any cooling pads for 17.3 inch laptops you recommend?

adrianuswibowo

You Must Re-Install Your Intel and Nvidia Drivers and Got the latest driver from intel and nvidia website after that you must adjust your game graphic setting in your game, im sure GTX 965M in GTA V Cannot Run this game smoothly if you using ultra for graphical setting you must adjust the graphical setting into high if you choose ultra setting from the first. and for CS GO, I think it cannot run properly because bug of the game if you already got the latest driver on nvidia and intel. Thank you