HP Thin Clients - KVM User Stations

Daniel A-S

Hi,

We're planning on buying a KVM system (Raritan Dominion) which is an IP based KVM system. We however would like to minimise desk space usage by using HP thin clients (possibly the T520) as the KVM user station.

To my knowledge, all the thin client needs to be able to do is install the Raritan PC Share software and then it can access all the computers on the KVM network.

The HP T520 is said to have Windows Embedded Standard 7E 32 installed.

Does anybody know of any reason this would not work? It seems like a tidy solution, but I don't want to go ordering anything until we know this will work.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Agent Smith

The software may or may not work. I would contact the Devs of Raritan PC Share software and make sure their software will run in Windows Embedded.

I have a Thin Client, but I blew the flash drive since I disabled the write filter. So keep in mind that you may need to disable the write filter to install things and turn it back on. These flash drives are not meant to write a lot of data to. I plan on putting a SSD in mine some day. Can't remember the exact model, it's also a HP, but they use a parallel port for the HDD.