hp?

notsmart101

i was just kinda looking around and it seems to me HPs newer desktops are fairly nice for the price....yea of course you could make one the same for cheaper but...how would they make money....anyone else like there new desktops?...or own any?

daisymtc

1. What is the use of your PC? surfing internet? word processing? listen to music? gamming? vedio/photo editing?
2. What is your budget?
3. Ever consider building PC yourself? Any friends of yours have experience on building PC be able to help?
4. Which country are you from?
People say HP have lock the bios which not allow overclock. Also HP PC usually do not have ability for upgrade.

IxBLACKHEARTxI

Hp's are good mainly for music,surfing the net,and photo editing.I have a Hp Media center pc,and I had to upgrade everything.If your looking to game I don't recommend one,build you're own.

Vista

If your looking to game I don't recommend one,build you're own.

HP's are also good for gaming - I play on my HP laptop and it goes fine (FPS, race games also... taking into account that some kind of games can be played on nearly all kind of PCs.

HP's are however mmore expensive than other PCs at least in France and in Belgium:rolleyes:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah Hp systems are quite nice and are easily upgradeable.

i think Hp are much better than its other competitors such as Dell.

But if you do know how to build your own pc then definatly do it yourself.

kof2000

i bought a 300 dollars hp last black friday to run it as a cheap little server :)

never have any problems. At work, people always bring in broken hp laptops and it turns out it was user based problems... coffee spills, water and abuse :)

notsmart101

yea thats what im saying for the price and what that have they blow all the others away....well maybe besides sony but there alot of money....but all i use my computer for is music and internet...i dont like playing games on a computer....dont know why just dont...

NJNETSFAN

i was just kinda looking around and it seems to me HPs newer desktops are fairly nice for the price....yea of course you could make one the same for cheaper but...how would they make money....anyone else like there new desktops?...or own any?

I like the Hp M8020N. It's got the new core 2 duo e6420 and the nice thing is the processor isn't officially available yet, but it's in the computer a week and a half early. I might buy that,but I'm waiting until the price cuts to see if it's worth it, or building a computer would be the better route. Also, I like that the hp I'm looking at comes with an ASUS mobo even though its a low end mobo.

cryption

I built the HP rig in my sig for less then I could build it for. Buy the HP of your choice, toss in a video card and you're good to go. My HP came with an Asus motherboard and kingston RAM, it's all quality parts. I work in a place that builds computers, I do it for a living along with computer repair and I will get my computers from HP simply because it's cheaper. I found a good sale, grabed a PCI-E card from newegg and I have a great HP rig.

Especially since you don't do PC gaming, buy yourself a nice HP rig that you can most afford and be set with that. You won't regret it. I sure don't

lion149

For the price simply the best around.
The package i got was a "bundle" (monitor,printer,computer etc.) simply a great deal. Some parts are cheap but you can upgrade these area's if you want. Example, my PSU went the first week i owned it.
(They replaced it for free under warranty)

heyman421

banned
my computer's an hp.

bought it in november 2004, and it's still working great.

The case it came in didn't allow for any customization, so i had to transplant everything into a new case to add multiple hard drives.

But it's almost 3 years old, already has SATA, pci express, and decently fast memory. So it was a fairly cutting-edge computer at the time, it's really still not that outdated technology wise, just getting slow.

But i've got it running xp pro, with 3 hard drives, running 603kB/s usenet downloads 24/7, hooked up to 3 monitors, and has given me 0 trouble in 2.5 years.

They're expensive, tho. HP's are the most expensive desktops on the market, spec for spec, but use very nice components.

For someone who doesn't want to bother building their own computer, and wants to be gauranteed problem free useage, they're worth the $.