HP4630 all in one Printer connectivity issue

kris oswald

Hello, just joined this forum , I just got a new pc that has USB 3 ports, I was using the printer with USB2 ports on my old dead system, I re-installed from HP the new drivers and security patch but I get an error saying that not enough power is through the USB to support the device(using USB2 cable). I do not know if HP has a replacement USB3 cord for my printer or if that will even work for my issue.it was a clean install and jobs go to the printing Queue but sit there , do they make a 2-3 USB conversion device. or should I just quit the worry and update to a USB3 printer....My daughter is taking online classes so I need access asap..thanks for any advice

kris oswald

update. called HP printer out of warranty, their response was give us 19.99 and we will talk with you or subscribe to our purchase instant ink program and get free tech support...will try out the wireless option for it
should have tried that 1st!

_Pete_

USB 3 should be backwards compatible with USB 2. I have come across the "not enough power from the USB port" but usually with tablets or small netbooks. I haven't had any power problems using my standard laptop or my desktop. I run two A3 printers from my computers using wireless and USB and it all works fine. I think rather than calling HP I would be chasing the computer manufacturer or supplier as it sounds to me as if the computer is not fit for purpose.