Huge Laptop Blue Screen of Death Problem

Oakley

Hello,

Well on one of my laptops I am having a problem. First off I have had the Laptop since 2006 ( Dell ) and the PC has Windows Vista.
This problem just started happening the last few months.

When I start the computer it boots up like normal and then boom a blue screen pops up very quickly and the computer restarts and does the same thing over and over again.
I do have enough time to push F12 and look at the BIOS etc.. but I am not experienced in that part of computers.

The only way for me to use the computer is when the computer is starting up to move my finger around the mouse pad on the laptop int'l it boots up my log in screen.

Anyone have any ideas, I have tried recovery but fail and I also reinstalled Windows Vista with the disc dell gave me but after installing the new OS it will do the same thing.

??????
Please HELP!!!!!

Shelby,

TFT

VIP Member
Next time you can actually get into Windows go to the "System Properties" window, then "Startup and Recovery" window, uncheck Automatically restart under System failure section.
When it happens next it will stop at the BSOD and you will be able to write down any info.

Oakley

Thanks for all the help but I am tired of Windows Vista and in other works Windows!
So I have installed Fedora 12.