Huge Watercooling setup (is this all i need?)

xxxalpinexxx80

yes it is everything you need but its your choice, i would recommend getting a difernt watercooling system and not the reservior for 2 reason one, its fanless so you will most likely get extremly high temps cooling both ur cpu and vga, 2 the pump is very weak, and can die fairly easily, if you want something more reliable i recomend creating your own by danger den, they make high quality products that are extremly reliable, i think you should get the d5 pump 1/2 inch tubing which is really big and will cool your processor and gpu much better, also get a block that will work for ur 8800 and motherboard, good luck, ur option

http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=7&cat=66&page=1

taylormsj

You get a fan to put on the top of the reserator, and i doubt the pump would die, and if it did im sure the warranty would take care of that

taylormsj

You get a fan to put on the top of the reserator, and i doubt the pump would die, and if it did im sure the warranty would take care of that

ducis

RESERATOR=no no not even much better then air cooling
koolance cpu block=no no try a d-tek fuzion of apogee GTX
Zalman GPU block=no no try a switftec stealth
thermaltake liquid=no no try mct-40, fluid XP, %50 distilled water %50 anti-freeze or straight distilled water

if you post a budget I would be happy to post a setup for you if this is your first watercoool I would recommend a non-conductive liquid like fluid XP or MCT-40 so if you spill some on your mobo you'll still be okay

dakaptin

sup man, all the reviews i read reccommend the DTEK Fuzion for CPU

the best thermal paste stuff is the arctic cooling MX-2 (not mx-1 or any other) it has significant benefits over other types and brands of TIM plus reviews have recorded around 2-4 degrees celcius difference between different TIMs (including the popular arctic silver 5)

regarding the pump - yeah I agree with xxxalpinexxx80, dangerden has the best pump

like firsttime builder says - fluid XP or MCT-40

tubing - the uv reactive tudbings can look good althgough you have to be careful of it's quality - you dont want the tubing buckling at bends. that clearfex (or watever its called) that allows you to bend the tubes a lot is extremely useful in getting the most out of a tight space

radiaitor - yeah, i have'nt done much research in that area as my case came with a good setup there from the beginning

chshwong

I think it's all good except whether you need it or not. For just an E6600 + 8800gts, you're far from needing water cooling i believe. Unless you're gonna overclock it hard.

I have a 8800gts 640mb with a Q6600 that is lot hotter than your E6600. I only had to change my CPU fan and to add slot fan under my card. My case has good air flow with 3 120mm case fans.
But my room itself is usually warm (on top of garage).

Anyway, with a cheap cooling setup like mine, my CPU fully loads @ mid 40s Celsius and video card @ mid 50s Celsius. So unless you're going to overclock, the extra 300 you're going to spend with the ongoing liquid money would not be worth it.

dakaptin

yeah i agree there, only go water if u wanna overclock, and can justify the money spent

furthermore however, I believe if you are gonna go to the lengths of watercooling, u mite as well do it very well otherwise not at all

junwang0808

woah rich person... i think the money you are spending there is comletely a waste dude. why don't you just get my thermaltake armor case and a good CPU cooler. all my stuff doesn't go over 50C. usually stays somewhere at 43. i am pretty sure if i add another front fan it would be even cooler.

cheburns

some people just have a big budget... and if you do then good for you and you should have a sweet rig with anything you want so i agree for me going water cooling would be a waste of money because i think i keep it cool enough on air... but some swear by water cooling

AAAsnwbordr

Ok, thanks guys. Yes, I am planning on OC'ing majorly. That's the reason why I wanted to water cool. I saw that you could OC the 8800gts 320mb to score as high on a benchmark as a 8800gtx. I also was going to OC the e6600 to at least 3.66GHz. So ya, Spending around $200 would be worth it to me. I spent $800 on my pc so I figured that spending a couple hundered on cooling for OC'ing would be appropriate. $1k is cheap for a nice desktop. If you guys could find me a good setup for around $200 or less, that'd be sweet. The cheaper the better i'm willing to spend $200. THanks again guys.

AAAsnwbordr

show me an air cooler for the 8800gts that will cool the whole card and not just the direct gpu and i'll think about it. I know that i can OC the cpu with a 9500 zalman, i'm just worried about properly cooling the card if I want to OC it.

cheburns

what fan setup do you have in your case in terms of just case fans for a general inside-of-case temp not for specific components?

AAAsnwbordr

ya, haha, it's kinda crappy. I've got a Raidmax Scorpio case. I have 1 x 120mm fan in the bottom front. 1 x 80mm on the side. 2 x 80mm on the upper back. My gpu idles at a 54-57 degrees so my case i guess is good enough. My cpu idles at 30-32 degrees. Chipset is usually around 48 degrees.

AAAsnwbordr

stock. I was going to get a 9500 but i thought, well if i'm going to watercool my gpu, might as well cool my cpu at the same time.