Hurrah for ATI

Iluvpenguins

This is related to video cards,but its kinda a personal story.

My X800XL recently died and i shipped it to ATI on wednesday for them to fix/replace it,I received the replacement yesterday and they actually upgraded me to an X850XT free of charge.

Has anyone had them do this for you?I was quite pleased,especially since i was expecting like a 1 week wait for it to be shipped back alone.

kof2000

because they dont have any more x800xl, same thing for other rma items if they dont have the same model they will give you something better.

Iluvpenguins

because they dont have any more x800xl, same thing for other rma items if they dont have the same model they will give you something better.

Oh I see, so what if they don't have a card any where close in terms of performance both ways?

For example,if i send in an x850XT in 1 yr and the lowest thing they have is an X1900XT(Just hypothetical) what would they do?

Or if I sent in a 2900XT and they didn't have anything that good on hold,what would they do?

elitehacker

I think companies will give you something better if they don't have the same model in stock. Most companies do that, not just ATi, its to develop customer loyalty.

Geoff

VIP Member
They are doing a lot of stuff lately that is impressing customers, b/c their 2900XT got drained by the 8800's
I wouldnt really say that. ATI isnt trying to come up with a card to outperform nVidia's top card, since they know very few people actually pay $700+ for a video card.

But they are priced just right, because it does perform better then the GTS, but not the GTX.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Most companies do that, not just ATi, its to develop customer loyalty.

... You mean unpaid employee fanboys that go on forums and gush their heart out about _____ company thus creating A personal army of scuttling little human advertisements?

That's a joke. :p No offense anybody. :D

[-0MEGA-];678080 said:
I wouldnt really say that. ATI isnt trying to come up with a card to outperform nVidia's top card, since they know very few people actually pay $700+ for a video card.

But they are priced just right, because it does perform better then the GTS, but not the GTX.

GTX is $560

maroon1

GTX is $560

Actually you can get GTX for $529
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130072

[-0MEGA-];678080 said:

But in some of DX10 games, the HD2900XT doesn't perform very well

Just look at the benchmark of Company of Heroes with the DX10 patch
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/507/3/

Even 8800GTS easily beats it, maybe because the HD2900XT still have some driver problems

Geoff

VIP Member
But in some of DX10 games, the HD2900XT doesn't perform very well

Just look at the benchmark of Company of Heroes with the DX10 patch
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/507/3/

Even 8800GTS easily beats it, maybe because the HD2900XT still have some driver problems
It's all driver problems. I've read reviews comparing the current ATI drivers to the alpha drivers, and those showed about 5fps increase in alot of tests, from 25-29 or so. nVidia has had alot more time for finalized drivers.

Tayl

VIP Member
This is related to video cards,but its kinda a personal story.

My X800XL recently died and i shipped it to ATI on wednesday for them to fix/replace it,I received the replacement yesterday and they actually upgraded me to an X850XT free of charge.

Has anyone had them do this for you?I was quite pleased,especially since i was expecting like a 1 week wait for it to be shipped back alone.

I had to send off my X1800 GT0 back to them as only after a few months it started to completely degrade in performance. Due to there being a limited amount of that model card made, they replaced it with an upgrade to an X1950 Pro :). Which was very kind of them and very appreciated.

Breaks.

I had to send off my X1800 GT0 back to them as only after a few months it started to completely degrade in performance. Due to there being a limited amount of that model card made, they replaced it with an upgrade to an X1950 Pro :). Which was very kind of them and very appreciated.

Breaks.

Now that was a reasonable upgrade, X1950Pro wow.