I am open To Any Suggestions

tagerrung

CRAP, that was the LAST thing i wanted to do, especially cuz ifinally got the fan over it to fit really tight..k, ill be back in 5

34erd

Have you plugged in the six pin PCI-e power conector? It looks like this and plugs into the graphics card:
ULT31884-out3-wg.jpg

tagerrung

it didnt work...and now my PC is short circuiting so it shuts down 10 seconds after i turn it on.... :'( i think i know why though...but i have to get my CPU fan back off and its stuck.... *&%$! #$%&!

m0nk3ys1ms

tagerrung said:
it didnt work...and now my PC is short circuiting so it shuts down 10 seconds after i turn it on.... :'( i think i know why though...but i have to get my CPU fan back off and its stuck.... *&%$! #$%&!

Ok, I also had this problem. Turned out my CPU was overheating and causing my system to shut down. Check the thermal paste and make sure the heatsink is properly installed.

tagerrung

34erd said:
Have you plugged in the six pin PCI-e power conector? It looks like this and plugs into the graphics card:
ULT31884-out3-wg.jpg
i was trying to find what that plugs into and i figured it was the grpahics card, but my graphics card doesnt need its own power source...unless i am blind...this is the type it is ATI X1600XT

tagerrung

monkeysims said:
Ok, I also had this problem. Turned out my CPU was overheating and causing my system to shut down. Check the thermal paste and make sure the heatsink is properly installed.

everyone told me i dont need thermal paste, and i dont have it...and my heatsink is fked up and the only time it doesnt short circuit is when it is in this one position

m0nk3ys1ms

tagerrung said:
everyone told me i dont need thermal paste, and i dont have it...and my heatsink is fked up and the only time it doesnt short circuit is when it is in this one position

You need thermal paste. Are you sure there none on the heatsink? Put the heatsink in the position that the system doesn't shut dowm. I don't think your short circuiting, I think your CPU is overheating. Are you using the stock cooler?

tagerrung

ok, i have to go, sum1 else in the family needs this PC, thanks all of you for your help and i will take this to Fries tomorrow and have them fix it for me thnx alot for all the info guys!

theboy

Hmm....not really sure why someone would tell you that you dont need thermal paste...I would just double check if the CPU is properly seated and that it is locked down all the way.

m0nk3ys1ms

tagerrung said:
ok, i have to go, sum1 else in the family needs this PC, thanks all of you for your help and i will take this to Fries tomorrow and have them fix it for me thnx alot for all the info guys!

Sorry I didn't fix your problem:( Good luck at Fries, hope they get it!

tagerrung

thanks for your help guys (especially monkeysims) fries just called and said that my MOBO was fried so there we go