I am really curious how much power this is going to use can someone help me?

beers

Staff member
32 GB RAM but no SSD? Sounds backwards.

You could get by with that PSU but if you're dropping $650 on a 980Ti then you can throw a couple bucks towards a better unit.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, that power supply won't be enough for your system. I would get a 600-650 watt psu.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Both websites I use to check recommended wattage for video cards recommend using at least a 600 watt psu and thats on a normal system without any extra goodies attached to it. You don't want to underpower your system, the psu is the backbone of your system.

Tempest43

I know guys, but I want want to know if I could survive with out buying one for now I really did not expect to have such a higher end pc and I don't have enough money to buy a better unit, at least at the moment so before I switch out parts I want to know its I will be alright.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Well, wouldn't you hate to waste $600 on a high end video card just because you didn't spend enough on a good power supply to push that card?

If it was me, I wouldn't chance running a lower wattage psu then what was recommended. Sell your 550 watt and get a 600-650 watt psu.

Tempest43

Besides it running at a lower speed what are the downsides cause I plan on using it for a bit and upgrading later if there is none otherwise ill just buy a new one