i bet my system is the oldest

tex

dell dimension 350 (mhz that is) pentium II, yeah baby 288mb ram 8mb video.

can anyone beat that. (thinks to self.... would anyone want to?) :D

Trizoy

VIP Member
i think my Cell phone is faster than that... I dont know about your system.. i think the calculator I use on my pc may be to much for yours :) Thinking about upgrading?

4W4K3

VIP Member
well....i'd have beaten you if i kept the desktop i found in the alley lol...but i chunked it after taking the parts i wanted. it was a Pentium 1, 100MHz. I fried the processor by powering it up and just letting it run with no HSF or anything lol.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
Geniune IBM XT.

ibmxt_b.jpg

wow, that's sweet! :D

shupola

does or has anyone ever had a commodore 64(i think that is what its called)?? one of my buddies at work said he got one when they came out(yeah he is an older guy) and it had no hard disk at all(except with boot up instructions. you had to run all your progams from a 5.whatever inch floppy. :) how bad would that suck.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
shupola said:
does or has anyone ever had a commodore 64(i think that is what its called)?? one of my buddies at work said he got one when they came out(yeah he is an older guy) and it had no hard disk at all(except with boot up instructions. you had to run all your progams from a 5.whatever inch floppy. :) how bad would that suck.

lol check this out

http://oldcomputers.net/c64.html

shupola

wow that is ludacris. who would have thought we would come so far in the past 23 years. cant wait to see what happens in the next 23 :D

Filip

my first comp was "zx spectrum" something like that, then it was a major upgrade to a pentium MMX 166MHz Oc'ed to 200MHz :) with a 32MB of RAM, a VOODOO 2 video card and a 1.4GB hdd, nice system, i was only 5 then, big computer freak :D

shupola said:
wow that is ludacris. who would have thought we would come so far in the past 23 years. cant wait to see what happens in the next 23 :D

well if it was 1 mhz processor 23 years ago and now its like....4 Ghz for major oc that means that it was multiplied 4x1024....4096 times....now imagine if we could multiply todays 4 ghz porcessor speed by 4096......thats 16384 Ghz which comes out to be

drumroll.....

16 tetrahertz
wow thats alot

or you could just say that we will gain another 4 gigs in the future, but im sure we will be way past 8 ghz in 23 years.....

its always fun to speculate.......even if i am using crapp logic :)

mgoldb2

VIP Member
When I was a child I use to play on my grandparents Eagle 2

photo_EAGLEIIe.jpg

It was blazing fast at 4mhz :p
no harddrive it had 2 floopy drivers. You would boot the entire computer off one of the floopy drives(CP/M v2.2 OS on the floopy) 64k ram.
oh and the only colors it would display is black and green.

Last edited:

ilovefishsticks

my laptop is pretty bad too, dunno if id beat that tho. i think its cpu is somthin like 233 mhz P2 w/ 8mb video card and 128mb ram(i added later).

speedyink

VIP Member
My first computer which I still own is:

IBM Aptiva
PI 75mhz
8mb of RAM (later upgraded to 16)
1 gb hard drive
Quad speed cd rom
Windows 3.1 (later upgraded to Windows 98)

Xycron

banned
thereckerdbraikr said:
well if it was 1 mhz processor 23 years ago and now its like....4 Ghz for major oc that means that it was multiplied 4x1024....4096 times....now imagine if we could multiply todays 4 ghz porcessor speed by 4096......thats 16384 Ghz which comes out to be

drumroll.....

16 tetrahertz
wow thats alot

or you could just say that we will gain another 4 gigs in the future, but im sure we will be way past 8 ghz in 23 years.....

its always fun to speculate.......even if i am using crapp logic :)
where did you get 1024 for your math?