I can burn my avi files to dvd but can't watch them on tv.

kona

I have Ulead Movie Studio3 and I burned some avi files to a dvd-rw and the dvd would not load on my player (to be viewed on tv). My player is capable of viewing dvd-r and dvd-rw discs. I have a dvd-r that I burned avi files to last year and it plays fine - today no trouble with that one. I'm sure I must have used my Ulead software then because it's the only software I have for burning/editing dvds. Also I seem to remember a "check-box" on my software that asked my if I wanted to burn a dvd that would be able to be read by most dvd players, but I can't find that anyware. Maybe that was in my cd burning software.

Any ideas on how I can burn my avi file to watch them on the teli?

Kona

Kazoon

I use nero or a program called cucusoft avi to vcd dvd...either program will convert the avi file to dvd format.

divisionbella

yes you can,
first step is to use DVD Decrypter, once your dvd has been decrypted, you can burn the files using any dvd burning software, Nero will do just fine or some of the free ones like Free DVD Creator v2

allmondjoy87

Sounds like you're burning in a data format. When you add files in this mode, they only take up as much space as the file itself. This format is accessible by computers and some fancy dvd players. To play on most dvd players you need to burn in a video format. This takes your (~700mb) .avi and puts in into a readable format for dvd players. This format is much larger and will take up the entire disc but can be read by most dvd players (you wouldn't believe how much space is wasted on a disc for error correction vs actual data).

In short, roxio/nero both do this. a google search of FREE DVD BURNER!!! will probably give you more options than you want