I cannot get the pink and green to work on the front of my computer :-( Help

twolves90

I cannot get the front audio ports on my case to work. (specs in sig)

There are three different ways I can hook them up

1) HD Audio
2) AC 97
&
3) Azalia (way too confusing)

As of right now, I have the HD Audio one plugged into the correct spot on the motherboard, and I have the selection under the bios set to HD Audio

However, there is nothing coming out of the green, and nothing going into the pink

BTW, I do use a separate Creative soundblaster for my sound

A) What am I doing wrong?
B) Do I have to somehow hook these connections up to my sound card?

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

PC eye

banned
If you are running an expansion card for sound you then use the jack on the Creative model for input and output there not the board. With the onbaord disabled plugging the front audio jacks onto the board is pointless. Creative has a 5 1/4" panel seen on some models allowing additional jacks there to replace the ones seen on the front of the case. As far as usb and esata those will still work or should when plugged in.

adarsh

are u sure that u havent put the sound out and sound in on mute? pretty stupid question ;) but still, just a question...

PC eye

banned
That would be the Windows sound mixer as well as the Creative model's audio console. With onboard sound generally disabled for allowing an expansion card the problem there would simply be no activity seen with either input or output jacks. The only item that is usually seen going to a sound card installed is a small pair of wires from an optical drive.