I cannot see my JPG or JPEG files

tuato

Hi all, a few days ago i was surfing looking for a audio device, and i found a web with the device i needed, but i couldn't see the fonts, a message appears telling me i should install some fonts to view the website, i downloaded what i thought it was the font, but it was not. That day i was lookin for a solution for that "virus" and with a simple tool i could remove it, or thats was i thought.

But the problem is that since that day i cannot see the JPG or JPEG files, nor in my viewer, or photoshop, illustrator etc.... i`ve been looking for software to repair my files, but none of them can do anything. Even the antivirus, or adwcleaner etc.........

Anyone here could help me in some way, i`ve got a lot of pictures of my family and friends, and my town that i don't wanna lose.........

Thans in advance

Windows 7 64bit. SP1

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully you didn't get a ransomware virus as you'll never get them back. What exactly happens when you try opening them? What is the default app for opening jpg's?

Delt4ninj4

Send a screenshot of your files (hit prt scr on your keyboard, go to paint, ctrl+v, save the file). If each one of your files has a bunch of random numbers and letters as the names, you've most likely got ransomware, and depending on the type of ransomware your files might not be able to be recovered. Typically the ransomware will have a file extension, for example ".osiris". Let us know.

-Delt4ninj4

beers

Staff member
that i don't wanna lose.........
Always make backups.

Most "you are required to run this exe for a font" are viruses or malware. You could always try viewing them in a Linux boot CD, but if they still aren't visible then the data has been modified.