I can't "control" my control panel!!!

marquita188

and i don't why?? :confused:

i went to the control panel to change the color quality from 4or8-bit to 16-bit, this pc has no color just mostly greys.

this is my mom and baby brother computer, from my mom job this is a very,very,very old computer. from a unknown year...

the system:

KEEN-2000 Computers
genuine pentium 150MHz
32MB RAM
1.6 GB Hard Drive
windows 98 first edition
monitor NEC MultiSync 3FGx (you know the kind that requires two plugs)
48x CD-ROM Drive lite-on
floppy disk 1.44
unknown motherboard

Shadowz

Sounds like a driver issue or if you were successful with changing the bit depth than it the monitor check if you can change its settings of constrast and brightness that may help a bit

Shadowz

then you got to go to the control panel and system and in there somewhere (i dont remeber exactly where because I'm using winxp) you'll find Device manager. in there look for display adapter and then try an update that

marquita188

well i can't because the pc won't let me i get as far as the control panel itself and i start clicking and clicking etc and nothing happen

Last edited:

Shadowz

How long have you waited for the system panel to come up. Its a pretty slow computer so it may take awhile to load up and if it doesn't than you may have to reinstall windows

Fure6

This doesn't have to do with your thread, but go here:

www.cpuid.com
and download the cpu-z-123, save the file, and then attach it to a post so we can see what the computer that you're talking about is like.

ps, it only takes 2 minutes to download with a 28.8Kps modem

Last edited:

marquita188

Praetor said:
Isnt that the name of the BIOS? :)

that all the info it would give me, none of the other programs would work, because they said
"no info on motherboard please ungrade the motherboard"

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
are you talking about that the CPU program wouldn't give you any information?
A lot of older/OEM boards will do that to ya... give you absolutely meaningless information and tags :)

Fure6

What if you downloaded an older version of the program...? probably not though, but who gives. :rolleyes:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
What if you downloaded an older version of the program...? probably not though, but who gives
Dont think that would help since the newer ones and older ones still use the same hardware detection engine; the board just isnt giving the information.