I can't get ANYTHING to work in Win7 :(

bubbagumper6

Lets start with my first and most annoying problem, I can't get any graphics drivers to work! I'm stuck in 640x480 resolution on my 1920x1200 monitor!!! I got a driver to install even though it said something about it not being signed (i think) and I have the nvidia control panel. Everytime I try to change the resolution it asks if the new one is ok, like it just changed it, but it did nothing...it's still at the low res state :(

bubbagumper6

ok i seem to have gotten a driver to work but without the control panel, is there a way in Win7 to setup a custom resolution? For some reason the best 2 I can choose are either 1920x1200 (native but way too small) or 1600x1200 (wtf? should be like 1600x1000)

Seth

***If your running it in a virtual machine***

First off go to the 'actions' menu and go to something along the lines of 'install virtual machine tools'. I cant remember what it is exactly called, and I don't have my virtual pc in front of me. DO=o this while the virtual pc is running. This kinda of emulates drivers for video cards (as well as a stack of other stuff) and will allow you to get higher resolutions.

***If its not in a virtual machine***

What drivers are you using? Try all the vista ones and im pretty sure that there are no Windows 7 dedicated drivers yet.

Also are you using the Nvidia control panel to change the resolution or the windows display settings?

bubbagumper6

not running a virtual machine, got it working with a really old driver, and I was trying to change the resolution in either. If I tried in the control panel it acted like it changed it but didn't, if I tried to change in in windows itself it would give me an error...

bubbagumper6

Well it seems the maker of my wireless card never made a Vista compatible driver...is there any way to get it to work?

Also I connected my computer via an ethernet cable and it decided to update my graphics driver...so now I'm back to not being able to change the resolution to anything other than REALLY ****ING BIG

great new OS...

speedyink

VIP Member
Thats what you get for setting updates to automatic. Never EVER set updates to automatic unless your computer retarded and not capable of clicking 'windows update'