I can't get my video cards to work!!!

thewarboy234

I can't find a video card that works. I have a custom (aka very cobbled together) computer, and due to lack of funds it only has Windows 2000 on it. It doesn't have a video card currently, I think the motherboard has graphics support. Anyway, I have several video cards to try, although most of them are old: I have a 3dfx 210-0364-003, a Jaton Video 198PCI-64TV, and a RADEON 7000 32MDDR.I have tried a lot of different things to get any of them to work, but I can't seem to get them to work. I also am having trouble finding drivers for the Jaton. Can anyone help? I have some old games that I'd like to play!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If the motherboard has onboard video then you have to access the bios and disable the onboard video in order to get a dedicated card to work. On newer model motherboards as soon as you install a dedicated card the onboard gets automatically disabled. On the older motherboards, the user has to disable the onboard video. Try that first. What is the model of motherboard you have?

thewarboy234

Thanks for replying so fast!
I am not entirely sure, I just found the motherboard with the computer. I did find a sticker that says ME644021203165 underneath a bar code. Is this helpful?

thewarboy234

Hhmmm... Still can't find it. If it is silkscreened near the CPU socket, it is covered up by the CPU fan and heat sink. Sorry! I might be able to post a picture of my mobo later, I am getting ready to go somewhere now.

thewarboy234

Alright PC wizard did work. It says I have a Shuttle HOT-ME16/ME17/ME18 i810-w83627HF. Thanks for that program, it will come in handy!