I can't remove Service Pack 2

Dark master

I've got service pack 2 on my computer and I want to remove it.

It is not in the list of the Add or Remove Programs tool in Control Panel, It's too long ago for system restore, the hidden $NtServicePackUninstall$ folder doesn't exist and it can't find the path: "cd $ntservicepackuninstall$\spuninst" in the recovery console.

I've deleted SP2 before with the Add or Remove Programs tool in Control Panel but I did system restore and now it's back.

does anybody know how to get it off my computer????

joelkyr

go on SAFEMODE and do a SYSTEM RESTORE, dont remove it by ADD AND REMOVE PROGRAM program. AND RESTART YOUR SYSTEM

prodigio2k

may i ask why you want to unistall it, i currently installed it and i keep having problems with my internet connection, it keeps dropping and then a pop out from microsoft comes out saying its not safe, bs bs bs..anyways, it has some features i like,and i will put up with the internet dropping every now and then,,,again anyways,,i did unistalled on my moms computer,AND all you got to do is GO TO START-SETTINGS-CONTROL PANNEL- ADD/REMOVE.....look for it threre,,it should be at the end , anyways,,delete it,,it will take like 15-20 minutes, if your comp is slow, so dont touch the computer until it finish,,OKEY<,,i hope that help,peace my niggaaaa