I cant run 8x agp

jasonsweb99

i have an Abit ATI radeon 9600se 128mb that can run on 8x agp but wont, i am running it on a foxconn KT600-8237 mainboard that supports 8x agp. when i turn on 8x agp in bios, the pc boots up ok but when i go into a game i can set it up ok but when it comes to actully going ito game play my pc freezes and my monitor goes onto standby. Is this my graphics card playing up or do i need to do more to switch on 8x agp?

Thanks
Jason

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i can set it up ok but when it comes to actully going ito game play my pc freezes and my monitor goes onto standby. Is this my graphics card playing up or do i need to do more to switch on 8x agp?

I cant run 8x agp
1. How do you know ur not running AGP 8x
2. What game? At what settings?

jasonsweb99

well i switch it on to 8x agp from 4x in bios, then i switch it to 8x in catalyst control centre, it is with any game nhl 2004, half life 2, even the cheap games i got with my 5.1 kit. So at the moment i play all my games on 4x agp which is annoying when both the mainboard and graphics card can run on 8x .
thanks
jason

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
well i switch it on to 8x agp from 4x in bios, then i switch it to 8x in catalyst control centre, it is with any game nhl 2004, half life 2, even the cheap games i got with my 5.1 kit.
Again like i said ...
1. How do you know ur not running AGP 8x