i customized a dell!

kof2000

but i'm not paying for it.

DIMENSION XPS GEN 5 Pentium® Extreme Edition Dual Core w/ HT Tech (3.20GHz, 800FSB)
Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition
Memory 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2 DIMMs
Keyboard No Keyboard
Monitor Video Ready w/o Monitor
Video Cards 256MB PCI Express™ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon™ X850 XT PE
Hard Drive 1TB Performance RAID 0 (2 x 500GB SATA II HDDs)
Floppy Drive and Media Reader 9 in 1 Media Card Reader and 3.5 in Floppy Drive
Mouse No Mouse
Modem No Modem Requested
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0
CD or DVD Drive Dual Drives:48x CD-RW Drive+SAVE $70! 16x DVD+/-RWw/dbl layer write
Sound Cards Sound Blaster Audigy™ 2 ZS (D) Card w/Dolby 5.1, IEEE 1394 capability
Speakers Logitech Z5500 500 Watt 5.1 Digital Surround Speakers w/control pod
Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed) No Microsoft Office
2nd Hard Drive 500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Security Software No Security Subscription
Digitial Music No Digital Music Software Requested
Digital Photography No Digital Imaging Software Requested
Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options 90 Day Warranty, 90 Day At-Home Service, and 1Yr Technical Support
XPS Specialized Support Dimension XPS, Specialized Support
Internet Access Service No ISP requested
Miscellaneous Award Winning Service and Support
Financial Software (Preinstalled) No QuickBooks package selected- Includes limited use trial
Media Center Enhancements Dual TV Tuner with Remote Control

Laser Printer 1100 Qty 1
Dell 1100 Laser Printer Unit Price $99.00
Catalog Number: 29
Module Description Show Details
Dell 1100 Laser Printer Dell 1100 Laser Printer
Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options 90 Day Ltd. Warranty, 1 yr Technical Support - Advance Exchange
TOTAL:$4,213.50

ripken2004

500gig sataII-didnt know they had those
sweet build if any1 could afford it but i would rather have an amd dual core

cillo76

I second ripken.

It's a shame for that amount of money, your mobo should crack the 1.6 ghz front side bus. That's gonna kill ya. I smell bottleneck.

Although your GUI is gonna be smooth, not that that has anything to do with productivity.

acrobat reader? (that's a free download)

the video card and the raid are the only impressive components on this list. I'm not bashing you, just Dell's blowup tactics.

* I just re-read, and am glad you're not spending that kind of money for that POS.

Last edited:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
if you build your own computer you would have been able to make a much MUCH better one...Or you could have build about three of those comps ;)

DCIScouts

VIP Member
liuliuboy said:
if you build your own computer you would have been able to make a much MUCH better one...Or you could have build about three of those comps ;)

Which is why you are paying for the "service" of having the computer built for you.

Pride

I customized a Dell too! So, I went ahead and bought it.

I have never owned a Dell in the past, so my expectations are a little high, considering I've had a Packard Bell & HP.

NyRoN

500w towards computer speakers...now thats gonna be cool...whats the size of the sub though???
10" or 12"???

NyRoN

never mind...i just searched for it...the sub is a 10" with only 188wrms...but it would have rich sound

apj101

VIP Member
It's a shame for that amount of money, your mobo should crack the 1.6 ghz front side bus
i think were getting confused as to what fsb is? either that or another marketing victim

Which is why you are paying for the "service" of having the computer built for you.
That is a high price to pay for a service that is not that great

the video card and the raid are the only impressive components on this list.
the vidoe card is good, but the raid is nothing special. I also consider the pentium 840 to be an impressive peice of kit

but what is the machine to be used for kof2000. I noticed the xp media center was on the list. Are you going to be using this as a media center. If not then you do know that media center is built on xp home sp2, and not xp pro. If this is going to be a meida center then it is well overkill

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
It's a shame for that amount of money, your mobo should crack the 1.6 ghz front side bus. That's gonna kill ya. I smell bottleneck.
Too bad theres not a consumer machine on the planet with a 1.6GHz FSB

the video card and the raid are the only impressive components on this list
Except thats an oboard RAID controller not a real RAID controller

Haha bingo :)

500w towards computer speakers...now thats gonna be cool...whats the size of the sub though???
10" or 12"???
10"