I did something stupid..

San

Hey everyone,

At the moment I needed to have a skype conversation with someone and was kind of in a bad mood, my build-in (ASUS) webcam decided not to work anymore. I checked device manager and saw that the webcam was not there anymore. When I enabled hidden devices I found it again, but it was greyed out. In the properties it said that everything worked correctly. I tried almost everything to try enabling it again: updating the driver software, restarting the laptop, tried a stupid program which should help, but none of it worked. From the error message in the camera app it became clear that the camera was somehow not attached? Then in a split second of annoyance and anger, which I still regret, I deleted the device in device manager. Now it is, obviously, nowhere to be found and I have no idea how to get it back.
Could it be that the drivers were still working correctly, but somehow the connection with the webcam itself was broken or does this look like a software problem after all? And would anyone be able to tell me if it is possible to add the device in device manager again? I hope someone can explain..

Thank you so much in advance!

_Kyle_

Disconnect and reconnect it. If it detects it, it should prompt you to install drivers again.

Darren

Staff member
If something disappears in device manager but is still physically working it should be picked back up after a restart. If not, webcam is probably bad or maybe disabled in BIOS or something.