I don't get it

lincsman

Ok, so I posted on here about a video problem under the video card section. Well just when I thought it was working, it keeps crashing still. I tried the video card in my old computer at my sisters place and ran a Nivida graphics demo for an hour and then she played Age of Empires III steam edition on max graphics for 2 hours, no issue at all except the odd skip in the sound. Then when I got home, as a friend lent me his computer, I swopped power supplies to the 700W Coolmaster PSU that was in the computer. I also had the motherboard, RAM and processor tested at Memory Express and there were no issues with that. I thought maybe my USB headphones were crashing it, so I switched to analog headphones. I reinstalled windows and wiped all video drivers and installed the latest driver for the GTX 770. I'm going to try a different keyboard, mouse and monitor, but other than that I am at a loss as to what it would be. Are there any hard drive testing programs that are free and good? Because that's all that is left, unless any of you have ideas because I'm all ears.

lincsman

Ok after further testing I'm quite sure it's the video card which many people have said it likely is. On Tuesday I'll be picking up a new video card anyways.

Punk

Staff member
If you want to test your HDD look for your manufacturer testing software. Let us know if changing the card does it.

Laquer Head

Ok after further testing I'm quite sure it's the video card which many people have said it likely is. On Tuesday I'll be picking up a new video card anyways.
I think you knew this was the issue 3-4 threads ago..lol..

You just needed to bite the bullet on a 10-series!! :cool:

lincsman

ok so I downloaded the software for my Kingston SSD and updated the firmware. I don't see the point in taking out my screwed in hard drives to do the same with them, but I'm sure it would help. Anyways the update helped but I can tell the video card is messed. There's nothing short of reinstalling windows 10 again that I can do to make it any better, and the same problem happened with my old copy of windows 10 that may or may not have been updated with a flash drive that I have to install windows on, which had issues properly formatting. So it could be that but I REALLY doubt it.

lincsman

So I suppose people feel it's better I post this here. I got a new GTX 1060 6Gb and it works really well and has for 2 days. So it was the video card. Thanks for everyone's help and I will be on here now and then to help others.