I don't know much about computers, only that I would like a better one

Sprinkleninja

I purchased this computer last year for Christmas. For a while, it seemed that it was running great, but now I feel like games like Fortnite are glitchy and choppy. What could be the reason? I'd like to upgrade it if possible, but from what I've read, you can't just put any graphics card into a computer?

This is the pc I bought, can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks in advance,

J

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like something is just glitching up as fortnite should be running pretty smoothly on that machine according to the system requirements. Have you tried downloading the latest video drivers for the video card? Do you know what brand and model number of power supply it has?

Sprinkleninja

Sounds like something is just glitching up as fortnite should be running pretty smoothly on that machine according to the system requirements. Have you tried downloading the latest video drivers for the video card? Do you know what brand and model number of power supply it has?

Hey John,

Thanks for your response. I think the power supply is 650 watts. Does that make sense ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Would need to know the model number actually. A lot of these companies that build pc's for you put in cheap power supplies to save money. It may say 650 watts but some actually only put out about 450 watts or so. If you need to upgrade your video card we would need to know the model number to see if you need to upgrade the power supply.

geek 0001

When you say "glitchy, and choppy", what exactly do you mean? Are you getting stutters, where the game just stops in the middle of the action, or is the problem that when you move the character from one place to another, they seem to teleport back again, or when you try to place a build, it doesn't register. The latter is not your pc, but rather your ping, which is the response time between your pc and the server. The higher your ping the worse this effect will be. Here's how to show your ping:
. An acceptable range is 0-60, with up to 100 being still being somewhat playable, but not ideal. The main way to lower it is to use a wired connection rather than WIFI.