I forgot my password. Can any1 help me please!!!!!

dhi88

I have a Windows XP Pro, and i forgot my login password. Can any1 tell me how 2 find my password!!!

fachim

dhi88 said:
I have a Windows XP Pro, and i forgot my login password. Can any1 tell me how 2 find my password!!!

If you'r the only one administrator, hm....u should reinstall your windows.
:mad:
if you'r just a user, you can let administrator change your password.
:p

narafa

I think that since you are the computer user, then you write the password every time you log on, so I don't think that you can forget the password that easy :D

apj101

VIP Member
sounds like a reinstall job to me. Personally i never forget important pasword, i tend to think that they are ..... well ..... important

akey307

I got an idea which is said to work fine. You can use Winpe + erd2003 to change the login password.

dhi88 said:

dhi88

Byteman said:
Is yours the only user account on the machine?

There are two users im the administrator and the other one is a limited user. Im still logged in in my account, im afraid if i restart my computer, i cant login. Is there any DOS command that i can use to retrieve my password?? Thanks very much

SFR

Truth fears no questions
dhi88 said:
There are two users im the administrator and the other one is a limited user. Im still logged in in my account, im afraid if i restart my computer, i cant login. Is there any DOS command that i can use to retrieve my password?? Thanks very much

When you originally setup the admin account and added a password to it you should have be asked to provide a hint ..Have you checked to see what you wrote?

If not, you should backup EVERYTHING you want to keep and reinstall XP. There are utilities to find out your password, but since this site does not condone such things you are going to have to research those on your own.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
dhi88 said:

well if your the admin and logged onto your account, why not just change the password......unless it isnt your account.