Windows 7 I got a virus TwT

Plagued

Hey! I got a "trojan" virus on my laptop (win 7 32 bit). I got malwarebytes and spyhunter to remove it somehow but nah they are helpless. My laptop didn't come with installation media so I can't do reset. So what do you guys suggest? Should I take it to ITs to reset it for me?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Your laptop should have some sort of recovery partition that you can boot into and reinstall from there. However, What exactly is happening with the system? Were you able to get malwarebytes to run and find anything? I might be able to help you remove it if I know whats going on.

Plagued

Your laptop should have some sort of recovery partition that you can boot into and reinstall from there. However, What exactly is happening with the system? Were you able to get malwarebytes to run and find anything? I might be able to help you remove it if I know whats going on.
Yes, It should have. Where can I find it? Does it have any destination place? And about malwarebytes It was detecting it and putting it to "quarantine" mode so I could delete it, but it was detecting it again on the scans. Right now I finished scanning with malwarebytes (full scan took 1h 28m) and It didn't detect anything. My browser may be hijacked because I see "your browser is managed by an organization" sign in every built in page. Preety confusing stuff ngl :D

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Can you give us the make and model number of your laptop? You can also look in disk management to see what partitions are available. You can post an image of disk management and we can tell you if you have one.

Also is this a business laptop that you got from a company you work for? I would need to see the exact message you are getting.

Plagued

Can you give us the make and model number of your laptop? You can also look in disk management to see what partitions are available. You can post an image of disk management and we can tell you if you have one.

Also is this a business laptop that you got from a company you work for? I would need to see the exact message you are getting.
Oh I already removed it. Sorry for late reply. Thanks for your assistance. ^_^