I Hate eMachines, With A Passion!

xbadwolfx

I really hate the eMachines brand. Like, honestly, look at these specs! They basically throw a bunch of garbage in a box and make money off labor. And, Best Buy stores seemed to love eMachines. They always have them on display and I always see people at checkout with eMachine boxes.

People really have no clue that they are wasting their money on technology that was introduced in 2001.

EMachines_logo.png

i_1194619654_BFAdsBestBuyPage03-1194619086.jpg

Ramodkk

VIP Member
I know man. I've had 2 bad experiences with eMachines. First one was a family computer and we experienced slow-downs every now and then until it finally broke. Then my sister's comp was an eMachines and same thing happened.

I did a mental calculation of them parts from that comp you linked and it comes out to like $485US off Newegg for those parts. They make a really small profit...

That's why they're so cheap. Cheap parts.

Our friggin P35-DS3L's are worth more! ;)

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
Umm...what? I musta missed something... the computer seems decent for the price... thenagain it's in USD but still... 2001 technology?

xbadwolfx

Umm...what? I musta missed something... the computer seems decent for the price... thenagain it's in USD but still... 2001 technology?

Thats not the 2001 technology I was talking about. If you go to best buy and ask about the AMD emachine systems, they pretty much use the oldest processors available.

Every now and then they put a good system in the best buy circular just to get attention.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
They do have really good prices for home/office most of the time but I'm telling you, you don't wanna have an ECS motherboard in your rig!

Vizy

We bought an emachines in 2001 after using an old compaq witha a powerpc proccy(???) and i loved it because it was a new os/faster and stuff. But, hell yea, we had a whole mess of problems. It cost $250 USD and it was worth it, definetley. First thing that happened was that the mobo couldnt recognize the extra drive we put into it. Then, we bought a ram upgrade because it was slowing down, then it was quick, then one day it just didn't turn on. Turns out, it was caused by a bad stick of memory or something. Then, we had to reformatt like 12 times (my fault/ i was downloading crapware alot, i was a indifferent to the knowledge of the computer). But i wouldnt say i would hate eMachines. I would never get one again though. O yea, then finally we had some wierd trwilight zone problem ( we walked into the room and the sliding side of the case was loose and the comp didnt turn on. Turns out the mobo was Effed. We took it to the shop (this sparked my interest in comps) and they said the mobo was fried. Instead of ordering an OEM one for $200 USD, we just decided to buy a compaq for my dad. Then i went and built my own comp.

Mitch?

banned
in 2001ish we bought an eMachines for a family computer (Athlon Xp 2600+!!!) and such, and for the first month or so it was great, but after that it just killed itself, the ram went bad one week, under warranty tho, then the mobo, then the ide connector on the hdd didn't respond... it was a mess

Gareth

I have never had a bad experience with eMachines. The Celeron 420 Conroe processor came out in 06/07 I believe. The PC in the link is more 2005 spec, back in 2001, 80GB hdds were 'it'. Very good price too! I don't want one, but still, it would make an excellent second PC. Not all of us need the best hardware there is.

Last edited:

ellanky

Thank goodness most of us know our stuff, that way we make our own PC's exactly the way we want them, down to every little spec ;D

myPCrocks

I have never owned one, but know several people that do. The only one that had problems, the power supply wen tbad.

That isn't a bad price for the bundle including a 19" LCD.

They make quite a bit of money on them I bet. They buy the parts much cheaper than us consumers can.

AlienMenace

computer only good for the people that don't understand computers or how they run. For people that builds machines know better, lol.

Timo

Every computer that comes from a manufacturer is basically not good, because the BIOS is locked and because they are ALWAYS overpriced.

Yoonsi

It may be crap, but I think its a good deal for a complete system. Not everyone needs a pc to do demanding things. Not even semi-demanding. There are many people who just send emails, etc. I'm sure we all know this, but still enjoy critiquing anyway ^^