I Hate eMachines, With A Passion!

PabloTeK

I like eMachines, while I wouldn't buy one now I had one for 3 years and it NEVER went wrong, sure it was fairly slow but I was only 12 when we first got it and before that I was using a Dan PC with a 400MHz Celeron.

The_Beast

I'd never ever buy another computer again, I wouldn't even think of buying a eMachine

I like building my own :)

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
With all due respect to the OP, that's actually a great price for that system, regardless of what you think of the specs. Not everyone needs top-of-the-line stuff...

***WARNING***
This Thread contains the bad-mouthing of a product that is NOT DELL!

Unless you plan on bad-mouthing Dell as well, this Thread will be locked, deleted, strung up out back and shot, then burned.

Please refrain from said bad-mouthing immediately and move your hatred towards Dell systems so you too can become a lemming.

craneop1985

I don't think emachines are that bad-I've had this one for 2 years-nothing has went wrong with it-I guess it's all in how you use it-I've upgraded a few things also--I'm building another system for myself next month-my kids will get this one. This one is a little faster than the Celeron 733 that it replaced.

G25r8cer

You took that ad out of the black sunday ads!! LOL I was actually going to get that but didnt show up at best buy early enough.

G25r8cer

With all due respect to the OP, that's actually a great price for that system, regardless of what you think of the specs. Not everyone needs top-of-the-line stuff...

***WARNING***
This Thread contains the bad-mouthing of a product that is NOT DELL!

Unless you plan on bad-mouthing Dell as well, this Thread will be locked, deleted, strung up out back and shot, then burned.

Please refrain from said bad-mouthing immediately and move your hatred towards Dell systems so you too can become a lemming.

LOL Dell is prob the only pc that deserves bashing!

tlarkin

VIP Member
My very first IT job I ever had, where I had my very first problematic client emachines saved the day. I was 18 years old, landed my very first tech job at a warranty repair/sales shop. I had a client who was an older guy and had worked in the IT field a lot longer than I had. The machine was brand new and was running 98se, and office 97. After running a complete reimage of the machine, and loading office 97, office apps would crash upon launch. I ran tons of hardware diagnostics and could not find a single problem with the hardware, and office 2000 ran with out a hitch. The guy was furious with me, yelled at me, wanted a 2nd opinion and I was kind of stressed out about the whole thing. I was new in the field and I didn't know too much hands on, all I had to show for experience was my A+ and like 2 months on the job at the time. I told him that from what I could tell, it was completely software related.

He yelled at me and said, "You mean to tell me that a clean install of windows 98se and a clean install of office 97 (maybe it was office 95 can't remember) has conflicts, after clean installs? Those are two MS products, there is no way they can have conflicts on clean installs!"

I calmly stepped back and explained to him that Office 2k ran with out a hitch after a reimage as well as all other software so, it was most likely a software issue with office 97(95). He blew up in my face and called me an idiot.

At this point my boss had caught wind of it, read all my work notes in the work order and had agreed with my diagnostic.

End result:

My boss returned his computer for a full exchange and gave him an e-Machine. The guy thought he had won and was all up about it. My boss then turns to him once the exchange completes and says, "We do not support e-Machines locally, and I did not return your computer because of a defect; I returned it on the sole basis that next time you need service you will have to call e-Machines and not bust my tech's balls over ridiculous claims."

It is awesome to have a great boss!

So I love e-Machines because of that, LOL!