I Hate My ISP

DialUpduCK

I live in the country in NE Texas. I am 170 yards too far out for cable/dsl internet so I am stuck with AOL Dial UP :mad::mad::mad: Any suggestions out there for an affordable and reasonable solution? I'm running around 14 kb/s and I can't stand it. HELP! :eek:

G25r8cer

Wohoo I hate my ISP too now. I have charter. Their speeds are great but, I am sick of Charter crashing all the time. Then again the weather in michigan is not helping at all. Anyways, have you checked with any Satelite or Wireless (at&t, verizon, or sprint)?

Tuffie

Get satellite! yaaaay! Rofl, I'm guessing you don't have like $300 a month to spend on net though.

lovely?

your outside of regular service too? we were gonna get dsl, but our house is THREE YARDS out of their recommended area so they wouldnt give us internet!

luckily enough comcast is in range :)

Tuffie

your outside of regular service too? we were gonna get dsl, but our house is THREE YARDS out of their recommended area so they wouldnt give us internet!

Rofl. That would piss me off.

funkysnair

VIP Member
i hate mine too-aol dsl i cant belive how much my connection is getting throttled...

i have been on phone to them before about it now im gonna get my "MAC CODE" grrrrrrrrr

there is a company called VIVACITI that do a 30gig a month cap with no throttling, does not even throttle p2p networks £20 a month!

i dont use p2p but i know if it doesnt look down on you for using that then it cant be bad internet service!

too bad for you dialupduck-taht is a sucky situation to be in :(

funkysnair

VIP Member
i only pay £10...

used to be really really good 8mb-was never throttled until they sold to carphone warehouse/talk talk

i was paying £30 and it was good, renewed contract for smae service for £10 absolute garbage.

MyCattMaxx

No roaming fees. I am in Ohio right now, That doesn't matter. Verizon considers all my calls local.
But Even though I am in Ohio if someone next to me calls they get the long distance charge as My # is in Michigan.

BTW.

AOLBanner.gif

Thanks for the chance to use this gif again...hehe

Last edited:

Cleric7x9

Ya promoting theft of service?
As if the provider would allow that. The provider would take all the liability.

where did i ever say he should steal service? good try though.

in case you couldnt tell, my post was a joke. its ok, i was just like you once too.