I hate my LUCK! (Video Card)

striker

I have a Compaq Presario PC SR5210NX with Vista. As you all know I needed a video card to be able to play Fable: TLC. I picked the SAPPHIRE 100195L Radeon X1650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card on newegg.com. It came in today and I installed it to my tower. I started up my computer and I can hear it turn on, but no picture. So I connected the monitor to the VGA that is intergrated into my motherboard to get the picture back on. So I desided to install the driver :confused::mad::(. This came up.

ATT Catalyst Install Manager

Failed to find any installable components!

and this:mad:

There is no compatible hardware detected.

What the Hell. So what can I do about this? Please help me out. I have the worse luck with computers.

pies

My new card just did that What I did was uninstall the driver for the old one (in your case the integrated) restarted the computer and then installed the driver for the new card.
Also make sure the new card is pushed in all the way, and the powers conected (if it has that).

striker

My new card just did that What I did was uninstall the driver for the old one (in your case the integrated) restarted the computer and then installed the driver for the new card.
Also make sure the new card is pushed in all the way, and the powers conected (if it has that).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102084
I pushed it in good and The fan is running, so i think it has power. This is a stupid question, but How do I uninstall the driver for the old integrated card?
I looked in my Uninstall or change a program, and I found this.

Intell(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver.

Is that it?

pies

When you restart after uninstalling the driver leave the cable pluged into the integrated while you install the driver for the ati

Cleric7x9

you might need to change a setting in your BIOS as well to change your primary graphics adapter. its not bad luck, you just havent done something right.

striker

When you restart after uninstalling the driver leave the cable pluged into the integrated while you install the driver for the ati

After all that do I restart the computer again before I plug it into the new card?

pies

Plug it in first and make sure device manager picks it up.
Install it and restart and see if you get a pop up saying found new hardware.

Vizy

Do I do that first? How do I do that?

You know how to get into BIOS right? Get in and look around for the settings on choosing the primary display thing. if u have trouble jus tpost up all the options that are available and i can help tell u where each goes.

striker

I uninstalled the old driver, restarded the computer, but when I put in the new driver the same thing came up. What now?

pies

plug the cable back into the integrated and when you get into windows check in devices manager and see if it picks the ati card up.

striker

Under Display adapter it shows standard VGA Graphics Adapter. How do I make a picture of it that way I can show you here?

pies

is there a yellow triangle with an exclimation point any where in device manager?
And are your ati drivers installed right now?

striker

is there a yellow triangle with an exclimation point any where in device manager?
And are your ati drivers installed right now?

There is no yellow triangle with a exclimation point, and when I tried to installed the ati driver after uninstalling the integrated driver, and restarting the computer it came up with the same message as before.

ATT Catalyst Install Manager

Failed to find any installable components!

and this

There is no compatible hardware detected.

pies

uninstall the ati driver and when you restart see if you if you get a message saying found new hardware.
If not can you try the card in another computer?

striker

uninstall the ati driver and when you restart see if you if you get a message saying found new hardware.
If not can you try the card in another computer?

It never gave me the chance to install the ati driver. that message keeps poping up and it won't let me install the driver. I can't try it on any other computer because my dad's computer is AGP.

pies

Check the bios like Cleric7x9 said and see if theres an option to change video.
And take the card out (not saying you didn't do it right or anything) and put it and make sure it fully conected I had this problem once the fans spined and everything but a small part of the card wasnt complelty in the slot.