I Have 2 Monitos but they work as one

Darren

Staff member
Right click on your desktop and select display settings if you're on Windows 10 or change resolution if you're on 7.

There should be a drop down to select extend these displays, it's likely on duplicate right now. Set it to extend and apply. Should extend them so you have two different images on each.

nope ;( http://imgur.com/a/owUKE

i basicly tried everything on othor forum that i saw i even went on boot to see if there is a button something like allow 2 monitors...

anyone help pls because i basicly spended 8 eur for that adapter

Last edited by a moderator:

beers

Staff member
Sounds like you just bought a basic splitter which will only allow you to mirror the display (as it outputs the same data to the aggregate port, the splitter just pipes the same data to multiple displays).

It might be easier to use a VGA adapter on the DVI port and hook both screens to the video card. Then you can do an extend of the displays and similar.

beers

Staff member
Maybe you can return the one you bought? Most GPUs come with a DVI->VGA adapter in the box already.

That being said 8 Euro isn't exactly a Trump Tower budget.

i unplugged the monitor and where it shows generic non pnp monitor changed to some letters and number and when i plugged it in again and pressed detect it showed again generic non pnp monitor... maby it detects idk

well my computer came builded so idk

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
wait idk how to check it?
Can you get the native resolution of both monitors (connected individually)?

what you originally bought was a splitter. If you want to extend the monitors, you need to do one of the following:
1. Plug each monitor into a different port on your video card
2. If you don't have ports/cables/adapters to do this, you need to buy the proper adapters/cables
3. Buy a new video card that has the ports you need.