I have a phanotom drive - from Windows 7 re-install have questions re: My Computer

Jamin43

banned
I replaced Win 7 RC this weekend with a fresh OEM install.

The steps I used were

1) Install win 7 Fresh in second drive

* I dragged files I wanted to keep onto the temporary drive with Fresh Win 7 install

* Looks good - and The 2 drives show up just fine on " MY COMPUTER "

2) Switch over to boot with primary drive - and I see a 3rd drive in ' My computer " D: System Reserved

Disk C - 465 GB ( 500 GB Drive )
Disk D - 99 MB ( 71.8 Free Space ) Phantom Drive
Disk E - 232 GB ( 250 GB Drive )

The 2 things that make no sense to me - is I did a fresh install -
* and all the data files remained on original Local C Drive ( I was expecting it to wipe this drive clean )
* The System Phantom Reserved Drive - what is it - and how do I get rid of it. It only shows up when I boot to the 500 GB drive < original Win 7 RC drive that was re-installed ). When I boot off the 250 GB drive I installed over the weekend - there is no " System Reserve Drive " in My Computer Menu.

Vampiric Rouge

It's a partition that windows 7 makes for recovery. Normally it is hidden, but due to the fact that you installed a new version of 7 on a nother drive windows might have discovered the hidden partition from your old install.

You can hid the partition from my computer by going to: Right click my computer and select manage > Storage > Disk Management (Local) > Find the 100MB file and right click it, Select "Change Drive Letter and Paths" > Clcik Remove