i have a problem that needs fixing VERYfast

lovely?

OK a friend of mine works on his pc so this needs to be dealt with fast. ok he had f secure antivirus, but he deleted it and installed mcafee antivirus. i've looked on their webpage, but i cant find the uninstaller. any help would be great, thanks

PC eye

banned
Install something like Trend Micro's PC-cillin will see that removed fast. McAfee? I pity your friend getting into that mess! AVG! PC-cillin, Avast, or a number of others besides Norton or the bad word McA(Achoooo for a)fee. Some of the better antivirus tools will automatically remove any other program currently installed.

The download page for The 2007 edition of Trend Micro's latest antivirus/antispyware program is found at http://www.trendmicro.com/download/product.asp?productid=75 Even the shareware version should see McA whatever removed fast. Then you simply uninstall the 2007 edition with a working uninstaller.

lovely?

ok, but is there a dedicated removal software download? this error is seeing symptoms such as unable to connect to the internet, (ill use a usb flash drive to insert the program), unability to delete remaining f secure files, when starting up, an error messege says vmicrosoft power 2004 is still running (which isnt true) and the new software, (mcafee) cant run because of other antivirus software running

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Nope I dont hink so... reformaT? when I remove my programs with the uninstaller (add/remove programs) I usually dont trust it, i go to c:/program Files, and delete the folder myself. the i go to search and look up the program (avast for example) and delete anything with the word AVAST in itl....

lovely?

yeah but there are some programs that do not allow you to delete in the entirety. even with programs like unlocker.this is a serious program error i believe... so when his computer starts up, those remaining files of f secure try and start up the program, and restore themselves back to full operations. (this is because some virus's try to delete antivirus programs)

oscaryu1

VIP Member
ok then if its that serious id just eh.... reformat it if its that bad... unless someone has anymore suggestoins....

system restore?

lovely?

no because he does his work on his computer, so he has alot of very important data. too much data to transfer to my hd, or anyone elses that i know of. so reformatting is out of the question

lovely?

yay this is 1000th post... anyways... im having trouble finding an uninstaller for f secure, like an uninstaller that thye make themselves? is that stupid program made so that it cannot be deleted?

PC eye

banned
A system restore brings Windows back to an earlier date on the calendar month providing there are available restore points. That effects Windows only. The first way to manually remove any program is to make sure it's not running at all. The msconfig utility along with right clicking on the icon usually found in the system tray would be used to unload it.

Once it is disabled from starting up after a system restart you can then go about the registry edit and manuall deletion of previously inaccessible files and folders. Administrative permissions required. That's the manual way with the add/remove in the control panel. Once you have disabled "McA foober" you can use a tool like RegCleaner to see the main registry keys deleted in the main windows. Just make you check off those only. http://www.dewassoc.com/support/useful/regcleaner.htm

lovely?

ok but isnt there any other way to just delete all these things? all of this stuff sounds extremely complicated

PC eye

banned
The first thing is to do is to exit and disable McAfee so it won't see anything start up along with Windows. You can't delete drivers in use. Once that is totally inactive you can start the process of manual deletion of the files and folders along with deleting the root keys seen in the registry. That's the awkward but manual way.

The installer for a program like Trend Micro's antivirus will detect and remove any previous antivirus program installed automatically as part of it's own installation. All you do is reboot the system there to see McAchooo fee get tossed and a "far superior" program go on with a far better uninstaller as well. Not complicated here. Use one to remove another.

lovely?

ok, but remember im trying to uninstall f secure not mcafee thats the new one. (he prefers it because his internet connection gives it to him free of charge)

Irishwhistle

Are neither of these methods working? This is from the F-Secure FAQ:

How do I uninstall F-Secure Internet Security 2005?

You can uninstall F-Secure Internet Security 2005 from the Windows Start menu or the Control Panel.
To uninstall from the Windows Start menu:

Open the Windows Start menu, select 'Programs', then select 'F-Secure Internet Security 2005', and click 'Uninstall F-Secure Internet Security 2005'. Follow the instruction on screen and restart your computer when the uninstallation is complete.

To uninstall from the Control Panel:

Open the Windows Start menu, select 'Control Panel' and then choose 'Add/Remove Programs'. From the list, select 'F-Secure Internet Security 2005' and click the Change/Remove button. Follow the instructions on screen and restart your computer when the uninstallation is complete.

~Jordan

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Nope I dont hink so... reformaT? when I remove my programs with the uninstaller (add/remove programs) I usually dont trust it, i go to c:/program Files, and delete the folder myself. the i go to search and look up the program (avast for example) and delete anything with the word AVAST in itl....

Bad advice. Reformat? ..you're kidding, right? There are a bunch or registry entries that need are created when installing applications and just deleting the folder and shortcuts does not get the job done.

The first thing is to do is to exit and disable McAfee so it won't see anything start up along with Windows. You can't delete drivers in use. Once that is totally inactive you can start the process of manual deletion of the files and folders along with deleting the root keys seen in the registry. That's the awkward but manual way.

The installer for a program like Trend Micro's antivirus will detect and remove any previous antivirus program installed automatically as part of it's own installation. All you do is reboot the system there to see McAchooo fee get tossed and a "far superior" program go on with a far better uninstaller as well. Not complicated here. Use one to remove another.

RegCleaner can work, but stop trying persuade lovely? into getting rid of McAfee.. stick to the topic: Removing f secure.

It seems the Windows Add/Remove programs entry is not listed so you can follow some simple, but semi-time consuming steps.

The first link I found that explains Uninstalling Program Manually:
http://www.theeldergeek.com/manually_uninstall_programs.htm
Remember that editing the registry can potentially cause problems so be careful and take your time.