i have a sony MVC-CD500

supersly_jones

i have this digital camera...and i have tried many computers to get them to open the disc...is uses small blank cd's....why won't my computer allow me to open up the discs...i downloaded the codec from sony.com and it still doesnt work the computer doesn't reccognize the disc....i have to use the cable and everything....we aren't supposed to put the images on the computer for insurance reasons...its for the school...and the discs need to be used by 30 different computers...all of them have xp...this shouldn't be a problem...please help

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Unless sony decided to completely disregard CDROM specifications, there shouldnt be a problem opening a non-finalized CD .... (not sure if this applies to DAO mode tho)

supersly_jones

how do i finalize a cd...the computers don't recognize the disks...they were fine with windows 98 but when they were updated they don't work...along with many other applications...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
FInalizing discs depends on how you burn them (i.e., what program did you use to burn them?) Some programs call it "Finalize", some call it "Close" etc