I have had a loss

RujoKinJal

Good afternoon CF,

Some of you know, i and my family survived a Apt fire and lost well over 80% of our stuff.
Some things that i personally lost were my Keyboard, Mouse, Headset & Monitor.

The next few lines are what i am thinking for replacements.
Please let me know your thoughts and why.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA90V3VX1598

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114051

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4RE2W02824

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153184

Thanks

Intel_man

VIP Member
Personally, I wouldn't spend nearly $400 on a "gaming" headset.

Also, what are you looking for in terms of mechanical keyboards? Do you have a preference in the switches they use? (ie. Gateron, Tobre, Cherry MX switches.. etc.)

I've never heard of that brand of monitors. Are you sure you want to run 4k resolution on a 560 Ti? That sounds like a recipe for catastrophic disaster.

Geoff

VIP Member
Are you sure you can afford these luxuries after your loss? Personally, buying gaming keyboards and headsets would be the last thing on my mind if my apartment burned down.

While I have the SteelSeries H wireless headset myself and love it, it is a lot of money.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Insurance... BLING BLING!!!!!!
giphy.gif

RujoKinJal

It should be the last thing on my mind. But, i was just trying to get my mind off the stress so i started to dream a little.

RujoKinJal

So can anyone recommend other KB, mouse, headset and monitors? I was just dreaming here. so if this is the very top end i can spend, what you buy??

Geoff

VIP Member
So can anyone recommend other KB, mouse, headset and monitors? I was just dreaming here. so if this is the very top end i can spend, what you buy??
I will say I love my SteelSeries H Wireless headset. Yes it's expensive, but they work great. I believe I paid around $300 for them though, so look around.

Origin Saint

I've got a pair of Sennheiser PC363D's that are pretty damn awesome. They aren't wireless, though. The cables braided, the earcups are velvet-y material, they're comfortable to wear and have an open-soundstage with no noise cancelling.
The Corsair K96 RGB keyboard is complete overkill in terms of extra features with the LEDs and macros, but the mechanical keys are a godsend and the media keys are very convenient. Plus the brushed aluminum + plastic construction + wrist rest, makes it pretty sturdy.
I have a Razer Naga, but if I were getting a new mouse, it'd be the new black Corsair Scimitar or the Gigabyte Krypton.

Intel_man

VIP Member
I'd just get an Audio Technica ATH-50x and pair that with a Yeti mic.

The corsair keyboards are meh... I owned the original one they had, the K60, and I'm still hearing problems on the newer models that were lingering around in the K60 and subsequently the K70 (full mech keys and backlit). Had I not already bought my WASD keyboard, I'd probably gone to one of the Roccat keyboards, but I wanted a keyboard with Cherry MX Clear switches which no one really sells.

Mouse wise... I don't have any recommendations apart from staying away from new Logitech stuff.

RujoKinJal

Thank you for the replys
My wife went out and bought stuff on amazon and told me to be patient.
Not sure what that means but we will find out in a few days

Origin Saint

Hell yeah, those chairs are the bomb. Not owned one, but they feel so much more comfortable than cheap office chairs.

Decent mouse. I cringe a bit at Razer stuff these days, but if you like it, I'd say give it a shot.

Origin Saint

Has Razor gone down hill on quality?
I had the Molten Core Edition Razer Naga a few years ago, and after 4 months, the left click was doing what the right click does, and center click did nothing. Returned it under warranty and they sent back the 2014 Edition. Then the glue holding the pinky grip on started oozing out of the grips cutout, so I had to tear it out and re-glue it myself.

That, and the Razer Synapse software is not very great and updates every single day. Just not a fan is all. Some of there stuff hits it out of the park, and other times it flops like they're some second-rate company. Since they became the company for "gamers" they seem like they just push insane amount of product and deal with the malfunctions as they come back in rather than spending time on things. Just my opinion though. Not saying anything would be wrong with a Mamba.

Origin Saint

I wouldn't get their Razer keyboards that's for sure. Overpriced.
Thats another problem I have with them. Their keyboards and headsets and price gouging. Mice, not so bad. And even the Blade laptop is semi-reasonably priced afaik, but that's another thing they do that isn't exactly customer-oriented.