I have run out of ideas on how to stop my computer from losing wirleess connection.

mischa88

Hello,

I have built a new computer, thanks to help with people on this forum, but (and I can't remember if it's always been like this) it keeps disconnecting, but reconnects after I unplug and replug the USB adapter.

For a couple of days, I have been booting in clean boot, but the problem still occurred, so I reset the TCP/IP stack, using a program from Microsoft ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357 ) and reset the winsock connection.

I am also using a different adapter now ( WG111v3 ), which did not fix the problem. We have two laptops and another computer, which are connected wirelessly and do not experience this problem. FYI, the signal strength is usually 3/5 & 4/5.

Adapter: Netgear WG111v3
Router: Netgear DG834G

Thanks for taking your time to read this.

Quiltface

that is possible but his other computers are not experiencing this issue. Try moving your usb adapter to another computer and see if you get this problem. If you do then it may be your adapter... although you said you tried a new one... hmmm well it could be the location of your computer in question... perhaps there is a distance issue or interference.. it could be a bad usb port... it could be drivers for either your adapter or maybe even finding updated usb or chipset drivers could help you out.