I hope it's possible

stevieb89

Here's the story. i got a new mother board. my processor and RAM arn't good enough to run it. im gonna get a new processor when i get the money. for now, i went to put my old mother board back in. it's telling me that in order to restore windows my hard drive will be erased. fair enough. i figured i would go to my frinds house and hook up my hard drive to his computer and backup my files. all i i really care about is my music, i have about 2,500 songs that i've accumulated over the years and the thought of having to re-download everything is not an option. so, i got to my friends house and hooked up the HD. i went to the drive and tried to open the folder and it said "access denied". im almost positive this is becuase i have my account password protected. basically, i need to know if its possible to get to those files, and if so, please enlighten me as to how. if its not possible then the people at windows are idiots. i understand its a security device but there should be a way to get through it a.k.a. prompting for the password. if any one could help i would be rediculously thankful...

stevieb89

that's the thing i wanna back up my music but when i put my HD on my friends computer it says access denied when i try to go to my music folder