I hope u can answer my question :(

SirhcYennek

Ok, after finding out that my video card was intergrated into my motherboard, which means, no agp slot :mad: . I decided to get Final Fantasy 11 for the Ps2. Now, the connection is what i have a question on, my father has a modem ( DSL ), which sends a signal to my wireless router, and hence, thats how i recieve my internet connection. I needed to think of a way to get my internet connection to the network adapter on the back on my PS2. I thought of this, but I'm not sure if it'll work, I wanted u guys to tell me wiether or not it would :confused: .

I thought about taking a phone line and putting it into the ethernet port in the back of my computer and running it into my PS2 network adapter via the eternet port. Whenever my router and computer were online the signal would go to my PS2.

If that works, then please post here and say so, i don't wanna waste all the money I have to spend to get the game, and then find out it won't work.

And if that won't work can u suggest some ideas based on the info i gave u? Any feedback on this woul be appreciated.
Much thanks. :)

SirhcYennek

Thank u for the replie, but the first link leads to a person who has a mac, i have a Hp. Is there still a port like the one they talk about for and hewlit Packard?

SirhcYennek

What i wanted to know was if I ran an ethernet cord from my Ethernet port to my network adapter would the router connection travel to the adapter?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
What I wanted to know was if I ran an ethernet cord from my Ethernet port to my network adapter would the router connection travel to the adapter?
Uhhh.... what is this "ethernet port" thing? (and where is it?)

SirhcYennek

Praetor said:
Uhhh.... what is this "ethernet port" thing? (and where is it?)

Well, its not really an ' ethernet port ' i just called it that. Its the port in the back on the computer where a phone line can go for a dial-up or a DSL connection ( Ethernet ).

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Its the port in the back on the computer where a phone line can go for a dial-up or a DSL connection ( Ethernet ).
Well if it's a dialup line than its a standard RJ-11/12 modem connector; if you've somehow got an internal DSL modem with a label "ethernet" than it's a RJ45 connector ... two different thingys. The ethernet port should be the same as your "network adapter"

Person

Ethernet is a wire that looks almost like a phone cable but is A LOT faster, and faster than that is Fiber cables, which run so fast that it could (in theory) go all the way around the world in less than a second.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Ethernet is a wire that looks almost like a phone cable but is A LOT faster, and faster than that is Fiber cables, which run so fast that it could (in theory) go all the way around the world in less than a second.
Some minor picky details (but worth the distinction)
- Ethernet is a protocol rather than a wire ... ethernet wire is a semigeneric class of cords (some multiwire, some not). The common two are for Thinnet and Thicknet
- Ethernet cabling is slower than fibre cabes, i dunno where you figured that one. Although theoretically both mediums support transmission at the speed of light, copper is naturallty succeptible to EMI and thus its transmission speed (and therefore the transfer speed -- note the distinction). EMI is not a problem for fibre connections