I need a help from people who live in USA

maroon1

http://www.computerforum.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=20

Today I downloaded Prince of persia: Sands of time, and I made account at Ubi.com and I choose USA as my country

But it is still not working, it still tells me that "..for US only" when I install it

I'm not living in USA but hermeslyre said in that thread that it should work if I choose USA as my country when I make an account.

If someone here living in USA and have downloaded one of the Ubisoft games then please create an a new account for me and try to see if it works or not. If it works please send me the user name with the password by PM

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

maroon1

I think they know from the IP address that I don't live in USA

Is there way to get around that...

hermeslyre

VIP Member
I don't know, the bastards. I got that info from someone who lived outside the US of freakin A that confirmed it would work.. Anyways I sent Login info I made, If it doesn't work then you're probably right and we can do some sniffin around to see if theres a solution. :)

maroon1

Thank you very much hermeslyre for your help but It didn't work. I still get this "US only" thing..... :mad:

hermeslyre

VIP Member
I officially hate Ubisoft. Why release a free game then in the fine-print make it US only? A-holes.

Like I said I'll do some searching around. I'll post later to tell ya if i turned something up. :)

Edit: The US registration used to work, seems the UBIidiots added an IP checker. Also the ads are the reason it's US only. No deals with advertising outside US at this point.

Last edited:

hermeslyre

VIP Member
More bad news. They canned it, sending out this email,

"Thank you for downloading one of the promotional PC titles made available for ad-supported freeplay over the Labor Day weekend. The promotion is now closed and it is no longer possible to play the games for free.

If you are interested in further information on these titles, please visit our official website at www.ubisucks.com"

Where did it say free only over the labor day weekend? Do Ubisoft really think we're idiots? Obviously they were upset over all the "non-us" people able to play the game so they just cheesed it.

Ugh. What bad taste. I would've never posted the games had I known Ubisoft would pull this crap. :mad:

99F

banned
hermes just get over it i dont know why you're making other peoples problems your own

its US only if non US people are not supposed to play it then what you and him are doing is nothing different than piracy

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Did I ask your opinion? I was helping a friend, Mind you're own business, especially when you seem to have nothing good to say.

Last edited:
hermes just get over it i dont know why you're making other peoples problems your own

its US only if non US people are not supposed to play it then what you and him are doing is nothing different than piracy

No, it is a marketing purpose for Ubisoft...

99F

banned
Well I'm sorry if you don't know but this is a discussion forum and if you wanted to help him privately you can use a neat feature called PM

Either way its US only for a reason now why don't you get something more important to do (in a place called real life perhaps) then helping strangers or "e-friends" with problems that should not be loopholed

OvenMaster

VIP Member
I would say that if it didn't originally specifically declare "US players only" anywhere at all and they're shut out, then these guys have a legitimate gripe. Ubisoft should have said so right up front, with full disclosure. Telling people after going through a long download is a rotten way to do it, and does nothing for building a company's good will.

Yes, it is a discussion forum. They're discussing it. This open discusion could be very useful in order to remind people in the future to triple-check the fine print to see if any downloads they're contemplating would be restricted as to in which country or countries they would be available or work, or if there's only certain days when the downloads would be available or valid.

Maroon, Hermeslyre:
If you two are looking for a loophole after the fact, that's a no-no. Now that you know a game or other software may be destined or restricted to the US, you can't ask for a workaround. You're gonna have to read the fine print in the future.

Last edited:

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Well I'm sorry if you don't know but this is a discussion forum and if you wanted to help him privately you can use a neat feature called PM

Either way its US only for a reason now why don't you get something more important to do (in a place called real life perhaps) then helping strangers or "e-friends" with problems that should not be loopholed

Yes sir! I'll get on that right away! The life and such, I'm in seriousness need of one. Thank's for the tip!

I'm being sarcastic. Of course this is a discussion forum. But you're comments simply sounded stupid to me, You didn't add anything useful to the thread, which is forgivable; it happens all the time. The problem arises in that I feel you acted like an ass. Not agreeing with me is one thing, maybe try putting it into a more... Responsible format. I know we're on an online forum and that it's easy to just type out these sorts of things, but you cannot forget respect, which should be afforded to everybody, especially if you do not know them very well.

I sounded like a jerk when I told you to piss off, Hehe. I was, and still am having a bad "day" but considering I'm a responsible forum member, I think at the very least, I should've acted more civilized, in the post and elsewhere. So sorry. :)

Maroon, Hermeslyre:
If you two are looking for a loophole after the fact, that's a no-no. Now that you know a game or other software may be destined or restricted to the US, you can't ask for a workaround. You're gonna have to read the fine print in the future.

Not at all. I was searching for the previous, upheld loophole. ;) And also reading the "fine print" would have resulted in the knowledge that the game was US only. It wouldn't have made my copy of far cry playable after labor day, I'm certain they lied on that subject. THe only documentation that came with the game appered to be the original packed in Read-me. and I mean I just can't see it as a coincidence. But Now that I'm more clear headed I can see the irony in the fact the we, the end user "tricked" them, and they tricked us right back (if that's what they did).

99F

banned
OMG no way!! someone won't be able to play a free game after a loooooong download that tortured them every second of the way

lets just complain about coupons and mail in rebates too