I need a processor advice

My current pc is:
videocard: EVGA GeForce GTX 760
motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
power supply: Corsair CX Series, CX600, 600 Watt (600W) Power Supply, 80+ Bronze Certified

I need a new processor any advice?
also I am planing to replace videocard for newer version. Should consider to change matherboard or it dosen
t matters?

What cpu do you have now?
I used to have this one:
AMD FD6350FRHKBOX FX-6350 FX-Series 6-Core Black Edition
but my pin fall of :p when I was moving my staff around that why I need new processor.

Should I get same or something newer ?

Darren

Staff member
If you're able to spend money I'd honestly suggest replacing motherboard and RAM and getting into a new platform. You basically had one of the fastest processors for that socket, which is relatively dated at this point. If you're not looking to do a whole platform upgrade I'd just look into an FX 8320 off Ebay used to save yourself some money and look into a platform upgrade in the future.

The higher end models for that socket are basically identical to yours just with an extra 2 cores and varying clock speeds as the 8320/8350/8370.

Edit: @beers you beat me to it. :p

Side note, have you actually tried the CPU with the missing pin? Sometimes they're just ground pins and will still work. Worth a shot at the very least.

beers

Staff member
What case do you have? Do you prefer an ATX or microATX motherboard?

Something like a Ryzen 1600 would be a decent play.

I have Corsair Carbide Series Black 300R Mid-Tower Computer Case

Do you prefer an ATX or microATX motherboard?
I don't know what is a difference between them. Depends on Case?

Laquer Head

I have Corsair Carbide Series Black 300R Mid-Tower Computer Case

Do you prefer an ATX or microATX motherboard?
I don't know what is a difference between them. Depends on Case?

ATX for sure.. give you 3 extra slots.. and much more capability for expanding.

ATX cases can accommodate both sizes...mATX case cant house an ATX board...

ATX for sure.. give you 3 extra slots.. and much more capability for expanding.

ATX cases can accommodate both sizes...mATX case cant house an ATX board...

Then ATX i will have to replace my video card for newer version for sure but for older games is just fine for now

Laquer Head

For now if you were to get new core components.. you can then save for whatever graphics board you want.. the 760, while aging now can still carry you by for a bit.

Yup, I am playing older games so its fine for now anyway. So what motherboard and cpu and RAM would suggest to get ?

Laquer Head

Yup, I am playing older games so its fine for now anyway. So what motherboard and cpu and RAM would suggest to get ?

Given the budget you mentioned above an AMD based system is most likely best solution. We'll see if @beers or @Darren can give input. as they know AMD gear more than I would.