I need advice¿¿

Dumpy

Hello everyone :D

I'm new to this forum and hope this is ok to post this message here. I'm getting a new system and I want to know the best way to protect myself against hackers spammers and the like :confused: My setup right now is an old AMD system hooked to the internet through a Motorola cable modem and wireless router. It just freaks me out everytime I run spybot and adaware :eek: all those dirty bastards that try to ruin my day :mad: Sorry for the language anyway any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dumpy

4W4K3

VIP Member
I'd look into virus protection software like Norton or Mcaffee (theres others as well...just those are biggest 2). Install a firewall of somekind and run regular system scans. A decent virus software/firewall/and regular scans should keep you in pretty good shape for the normal user.

EDIT: POST 666...scary! :p

Dumpy

Normal¿¿ :eek: Who The Hell Is Normal¿¿ :D Just yanking your chain thanks for the advice. I haven't read the manual on my wireless router yet but it is suppose to have built in firewall protection. Guess I'll have to kill another tree so I can print the manual.. Man the good old days when your computer hardware actually came with a preprinted manual :rolleyes: