I need help w/ Linksys

Danda

Good Day everyone, I am need of connecting to the internet.

Now, I have a Wireless Adapter, have no other way to access the internet. The other computer in another room has the Router. I installed the Disk in my new computer to get the Adapter going but it does not read any signals out there. Not even the Router in the other room.

So how to I set up a Wireless internet connection? I have Linksys as my company. If ya need anymore Info let me know and ill provide it later. Thanks!

-Danda

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Call linksys support, they will get you up and running within minutes. You will most likely have to use a computer that is physically connected to the router by an ethernet cable to verify router settings and possible enable wireless feature.

Danda

Call linksys support, they will get you up and running within minutes. You will most likely have to use a computer that is physically connected to the router by an ethernet cable to verify router settings and possible enable wireless feature.

Tried it, they said my warrenty was expried. They wanted to charge me $60 bucks for 6 months to extend the warrenty, or 25 bucks to go into my computer and connect it from there. I dont feel like paying, especially at thoes prices. =/ Damn Market

Pck21

When you say "adapter" do you mean a USB adapter or an actual internal card? Is the adapter Linksys or is the router Linksys or both? What operating system are you running? Windows or Mac? If you have a USB adapter that plugs into the computer, you'll need to run the cd to get the drivers for the adapter. Once that's installed, you'll need to open the wireless utility that came with the adapter on the cd. That should begin the process of setting everything up.

Now just to make sure, you have a cable modem and a wireless router correct? I know it sounds like a dumb question but sometimes people don't know the difference between a router and a modem.

Danda

When you say "adapter" do you mean a USB adapter or an actual internal card? Is the adapter Linksys or is the router Linksys or both? What operating system are you running? Windows or Mac? If you have a USB adapter that plugs into the computer, you'll need to run the cd to get the drivers for the adapter. Once that's installed, you'll need to open the wireless utility that came with the adapter on the cd. That should begin the process of setting everything up.

Now just to make sure, you have a cable modem and a wireless router correct? I know it sounds like a dumb question but sometimes people don't know the difference between a router and a modem.

I have a USB adapter and I run Windows Vista Premium. I did plug the Adapter into my computer and installed the CD. Problem with me installing the disk is; When I put the Disk inside and started installing, it never finishes. When I reach to the 'Please plug in your USB adapter' and when I click 'Next' nothing happens. I mean nothing, once I click next it just disapears and it finishes. It didnt say 'Installation Successful' or anything like that.

What should I do? Thanks again!

-Danda