I need help with Eclipse!

WaterBucketz

Recently I started coding with eclipse and the project I was working on required me to downgrade Java 8 to 7.

I did this to JDK and Runtime Environment. I reinstalled eclipse but I keep getting this error:
Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\client\jvm.dll".

I Googled this and followed the following instructions:
  1. Find the jvm.dll in your JRE directory: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\server\bin\jvm.dll.
  2. Find the jvm.dll in your JDK directory: c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_xx\jre\bin\server\
  3. Copy the jvm.dll from JRE drectory into your JDK directory and overwrite the jvm.dll in JDK.

This didn't help. I keep getting the same error.
Please help.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Few things:

What does your eclipse.ini look like?

Run `java -version` from a cmd window, does it say 64 bit?

Check your path, make sure the right version of the jdk is listed first

WaterBucketz

Few things:

What does your eclipse.ini look like?

Run `java -version` from a cmd window, does it say 64 bit?

Check your path, make sure the right version of the jdk is listed first
I only know the answer to the 2nd question and the answer is yes.
And I didn't say that the error comes when I try and download eclipse.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I thought eclipse was already installed and you were getting the error when you tried to downgrade your JDK.

I've only ever seen this when Eclipse is already installed. Did you download an installer that's failing or the zip archive and are running eclipse.exe?

WaterBucketz

Well, when I click download I get a .exe but when I click on it in my downloads (On Chrome) I get the error. <--- Click to see the error

Maybe I should only have downgraded JDK?

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Can't you just install whatever jdk to get eclipse running then have it use an earlier none to compile? The build jdk used to be configurable, in assume it still is