I need help with my desktop

Grantapus

I built this myself. When I turn it on, the screen has random stripes and streaks across it. When I proceed to login, the whole display goes black for about a second. Then when it comes back on, I get a message saying "Graphic driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered" But it's not recovered. It does this a few times and then I got a blue screen saying that my PC ran into a problem and the error code is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" OR something like that. Please I need help, I can't use my PC.

Sent from my HT17 PRO.

aldan

it could be your graphics card.if you have onboard video try using that to see if the problem goes away.probably a good idea to post your pc specs as well.

beers

Staff member
As per others, sounds like the video card took a dump. It might be worth checking if it's covered under warranty so you can have it replaced.

Grantapus

As per others, sounds like the video card took a dump. It might be worth checking if it's covered under warranty so you can have it replaced.
It's a very very old video card. The problem seems to get worse when I try to install Fruity Loops 12