I need help with my new build

sloojoe

Budget

I think that you can get a cheaper motherboard, cpu, and power supply. What are you going to use your computer for? Gaming, Video Editing, or just web surfing?

Unless you are planning to run dual monitors, you can get a cheaper video card.
You can also get a cheaper power supply. I know that it is SLI certified, but again, unless you are doing some serious gaming, you wont need a SLI certified psu. But, if you are planning for some serious gaming, you have to get SLI certified video cards (2) and a SLI certified motherboard if you want to be the man.

As for the CPU, try to get and older chip. The newest are going to be the most expensive. And be honest, can you really tell the difference between a 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4 dual core chip. (I know everyone is going to say they can, but we all know yeah right).

Bottom Line,

Tell us what you want to do with your computer and we can help you find a cheaper or better solution.

Joe

joeswm8

550 watt is plenty, unless you plan to soon 8800, and there is no reason at all it would fry

I am making a new build too and im getting a OCZ 600 watt because im scared something will fry, but whatever

The_Beast

I think that you can get a cheaper motherboard, cpu, and power supply. What are you going to use your computer for? Gaming, Video Editing, or just web surfing?

Unless you are planning to run dual monitors, you can get a cheaper video card.
You can also get a cheaper power supply. I know that it is SLI certified, but again, unless you are doing some serious gaming, you wont need a SLI certified psu. But, if you are planning for some serious gaming, you have to get SLI certified video cards (2) and a SLI certified motherboard if you want to be the man.

As for the CPU, try to get and older chip. The newest are going to be the most expensive. And be honest, can you really tell the difference between a 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4 dual core chip. (I know everyone is going to say they can, but we all know yeah right).

Bottom Line,

Tell us what you want to do with your computer and we can help you find a cheaper or better solution.

Joe

I will be using my computer for gaming, web browsing, maybe AutoCAD/inventor, and some other stuff maybe video editing.

i will most likely be getting 2 monitors sometime soon when i get more cash

the one thing i am positive on getting is C2D, and i would really really like it to be an E6600

joeswm8

that means absolutely sqaut, get into your HDD .2 seconds faster, ur cool
2 GB RAM blows the cache 30 seconds to mars

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
i don't really need 2 gigs of RAM, i like the mobo but i guess i could downgrade, yeah i just don't want a fried mobo cause i cheapen out on the PSU

2gigs would be great, but you can always add on later. Definetly go with the E6600, great CPU. And for the PSU, there are plenty of PSU's alot cheaper than the one you selected that will be plenty for your rig.

sloojoe

Computer Help

I will be using my computer for gaming, web browsing, maybe AutoCAD/inventor, and some other stuff maybe video editing.

i will most likely be getting 2 monitors sometime soon when i get more cash

the one thing i am positive on getting is C2D, and i would really really like it to be an E6600

Well,

Your DVD drive is Good- I have a samsung and works great.

You case is fine too- Good things to look for are the placement of usb ports, removable motherboard try and the front cover (meaning does it hide your cd/dvd drives). I have Cooler master case with a Sound Blaster card with remote IR and everytime I want to use it I have open the front cover to see the IR port.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119030

HD is good

Monitor is good

Video card- seems fine to me, but you must read reviews on their driver and software support. I will never buy an ATI again, always crashes and customer support is bad. So visit their web site and look thru their knowledge base because you are definately going to experience the problems they have listed.

Power Supply- good. Cool things to have for psu would be removable cables = lot less clutter and confusion.

Memory- fine.

Motherboard- too expensive for me. Very nice, but do you really need 2 LAN ports and built in wi-fi. Check one out w/o all the bells and whistles.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131045
this one is cheaper and doesnt have wifi.

When I purchase computers for people, the main to consider is, "Do I really need and am I really going to use it." You can always upgrade later when you definately need it. It will save you upfront cost. Also, check out this site if you are really interested in SLI for some serious gaming.

http://www.slizone.com/page/slizone_shopping_list.html

Joe