I need help!

mega10169

I just bought a stick of DDR 256mb PC3200 GB Micro ram and it isn't working right. My motherboard is an MS 7005 (651M-L Micro ATX), when I install the ram, my pc lets out a long beep that doesn't stop and nothing comes up on screen. I changed the CAS Latency and Timing to auto detect, so now if I put it in the second slot with my original ram, it doesn't beep and I can use my PC but it doesn't detect the ram. Just wondering if anyone can help.

Last edited:

ben_it86

Hello, sir!
Check your mainboard in handbook, or in Internet what ddr-modules your mainboard supports. Maybe your mainboard not support ddr3200-module. Another alternative is, that your new stick is broken.

tyfon

ram

All ram has to be of the same make modle and chip set or in most cases it wont work. cant have two difrent makers of ram in same board. If this is your only stick then 2 things. 1 256 is not enouf lol and 2 it may be a bad stick or not suported on this mother board like he said.

Last edited:

mega10169

The stick i'm using right now is PC3200 and its generic so are you saying that if I buy an actual brand name stick of ram it they won't work together?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe your mainboard not support ddr3200-module
Boards running 2.6GHz P4s support PC3200 as a general rule, http://www.eprom.com/home/Microstar/ms7005.htm (or at least in this case it does) :)

so now if I put it in the second slot with my original ram, it doesn't beep and I can use my PC but it doesn't detect the ram
Sounds like the memory stick is shot ....

All ram has to be of the same make modle and chip set or in most cases it wont work. cant have two difrent makers of ram in same board
Whoa ... defintiely not the case, you can have all sorts of different brands in there -- it might not be ideal but it'll still work :)

The stick i'm using right now is PC3200 and its generic so are you saying that if I buy an actual brand name stick of ram it they won't work together?
Have a look at the sticks ... (1) what are the codes on teh RAM chips? (2) Are they all the same density of memory? :)