I need some help!!!!!!!!!!!!

UnderChamp

New Member
My computer is acting up for some readon. I just put in a new video card into my computer and the monitor stard to turns off and doesn't turn back on when i play a game or watching a movie, but the tower it self is still running. The monitor has power but doesn't show anything. And i just replaced a power supply to see if that helps, but i still have the same problem.
 
I reinstalled the graphic card that i put in, and i noticed that the fan on it was barely working. Will that have an effect on my problem?????
 
I installed the drivers. The names are BFG - NVIDIA GeForce 210 512MB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card, and RAIDMAX RX-600AF 600W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Power Supply
 
I am going to assume that you had no issues before the upgrade. Based on that, I am going to say that you most likely have either a defective PSU or a defective video card, my personal guess is that it is the video card. However, first make sure that the video card is getting proper juice. Do you have another video card to test? How about the psu?
 
I reinstalled the graphic card that i put in, and i noticed that the fan on it was barely working. Will that have an effect on my problem?????

if reinstalling the card and drivers doesn't work...

If you're only losing video once you start to strain the card, ie. games or video playback, you might be overheating (you said the fan was malfunctioning) if this is the case send the video card back for one with a working fan and try that.

[EDIT]
one other thought... my GTS 250 came with the fan default at 35% speed. laughable... my games and folding@home will over heat the card past 80C easily unless I crank the fan to 75-80%. that get's me down to 50C-60C. I use EVGA Precision (Graphics tuning program that came on my driver disc)

Also, use Speedfan ( http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ) to monitor your temps. you can setup a graph (in the far right tab) to record your GPU and CPU temps. I suggest never running gpu above high 60's and cpu above high 50's. lower is better
 
Last edited:
Thanks guys for all of your help. The video card that i installed it, i returned it and bought a different one. And now i dont have any problems with it.
 
Back
Top