I Need Some Help...

ineedsomehelp

I am not sure if I am in the right thread or not but I need some help, if I am not in the right thread and you guys cant help then just let me know and I will copy and paste into the right one. But I have a Dell Dimension B110 Basic Entry Level Computer (http://www1.us.dell.com/content/pro...atured_basdt?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~pbar=true) (Last one on the Right) and it suddenly caught a virus and won’t let me go past the welcome screen. Okay, I need help on trying to figure out what’s the matter with it. Okay. I have windows XP, so everyone who has that, you know how you boot up your computer and then a blue screen comes on and it says welcome and then right there it gets stuck. It will show my desktop, but none of the desktop buttons or anything like that will show up. It’s basically blank besides my desktop picture. Not even the start up bar at the bottom will boot up. I think it’s a virus, but even then I don’t know what to do? Is it something simple or is it really a virus, and then should I reformat my hard drive? And if I have to reformat my hard drive how would I go about doing that? I mean I have done it once before but I can’t get into the bar to choose my computer and make it boot from the disk, so what do I do? Uh, can someone either tell me how to do it, or point me to a website that could help me figure out what to do. I really don’t have the money to call a computer repair man, So is it something I can just do by myself? Or should I call it in?

computerhakk

VIP Member
have you tried rebooting and seeing if you can get into your computer through safe mode?

on my computer, it is F8. So reboot your computer and try constantly pressing F8 to see if you get a menu prompt. if F8 doesn't work, try "ESC."

If it works and you are able to log in and see your icons and start menu, it should prompt you if you want to continue in safe mode, or do a system restore. Choose to do a system restore and restore it to a previous time.

Try if it works.