I need to buy a cheap, used refurbished laptop

Loneranger2234

Hi friends,
I can not afford a brand new laptop ATM. I just need a used one for now. My question is simply this. I am thinking about buying a used one off ebay. Is this a good idea or not in your opinion? Any pointers or tips before buying would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks--

Agent Smith

I've bought all my laptops on eBay. I'm using right now a Dell Precision M6300. I bought it pretty bare bones. No hard drive or HDD caddy and no power adapter. I just bought a SSD, HDD caddy on eBay and the power adapter on eBay and put it all together. Works fine. I even upgraded the RAM to 4GB. It's only a dual core @ 2.4 GHz, but it does a good job.

If I were you I'd get a Dell Latitude E6410 or other Latitude variant. They all have good reviews.

Pointers about eBay: Check the feedback score of the seller. Buy from someone that has more positive feedback. Always use PayPal! eBay is pretty damn good at siding with the buyer more than the seller so if there's an issue your not losing anything. In addition to that, PayPal now gives you virtually a 6 month warranty. i.e. They allow you to open a resolution case within 6 months of purchase. Pissed a lot of people off when they pulled that. Especially those that sell antiques. And I thought 45 days was bad. That's why I'll never sell computer parts on eBay. Just too risky and people are assholes.

Last edited: