I need wifi in on my computer

I have wifi in my house but my pc isnt wire less . I want connect it to the wifi but m y router/modem is located in a room in my basement and if i put my pc there it might get deystroyed by water becouse there a lot of water pipes there and my water heater is there . I want to connect it but I dont want to do construction to make it so the wire reaches the computer and i dont have that much money . Can you guys give me advice to get wifi to my computer ?

DavidG

As @johnb35 says try a USB wifi adapter, if the signal is poor then you could try powerline/homeplug adapters these use the household wiring instead of a long Ethernet cable. You plug 1 adapter into the Ethernet port of the router and local mains socket the other adapter into the distant PC/Laptop/game console and a mains socket.

strollin

You could also try a wifi extender, a device that is located closer to where you need your PC to be but still able to pickup the wifi from the router in the basement and rebroadcast it in order to reach other parts of your house.

Any chance the router could be re-located to a room upstairs rather than in the basement?