I-Phone 4 skip 4s waiting for 5

flanker

[-0MEGA-];1694294 said:
Who would upgrade from the iPhone 4 to 4S anyways?

I had been using the same simple phone for over 15 years, I get this message from my Cell phone provider that as of Dec.31 my program would be upgraded and my simple phone would no longer work and I would have a new 2yr contract.

I faced the same thing at all other Cell providers, I would need a new smart phone and I would be paying over twice the Monthly charge.

So I looked at phones and since the price of the I-Phone 4 would be $99 upgrade, buying a 4s at $199 just did not seem a good deal.

Now I was informed even when the I-Phone 5 arrived, I could not upgrade at a good price for 20 Months.

Still I have found the I-Phone 4 does all I need and it's fast enough for my simple needs.:)

Geoff

VIP Member
I had been using the same simple phone for over 15 years, I get this message from my Cell phone provider that as of Dec.31 my program would be upgraded and my simple phone would no longer work and I would have a new 2yr contract.

I faced the same thing at all other Cell providers, I would need a new smart phone and I would be paying over twice the Monthly charge.

So I looked at phones and since the price of the I-Phone 4 would be $99 upgrade, buying a 4s at $199 just did not seem a good deal.

Now I was informed even when the I-Phone 5 arrived, I could not upgrade at a good price for 20 Months.

Still I have found the I-Phone 4 does all I need and it's fast enough for my simple needs.:)

You have not been using the same phone for 15 years, they have gone away with analog phone service years ago. Do you mean you've been using basic phones in general for 15 years?

You also don't need a smart phone, carriers still sell basic phones that do not require data plans.

Troncoso

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1694496 said:
You have not been using the same phone for 15 years, they have gone away with analog phone service years ago. Do you mean you've been using basic phones in general for 15 years?

You also don't need a smart phone, carriers still sell basic phones that do not require data plans.

He's correct. If they forced you to upgrade to a smart phone, they conned you. Though, I guess that depends on the carrier you are with.

flanker

[-0MEGA-];1694496 said:

I have had a cell phone for over 15yrs I have only had two of the non-smart type the first one I could not get a new battery so I bought a new phone about 10 years ago, been using it since then.

I know I could have bought a simple cell phone but wanted to do banking search web. store pictures.

So it was a I-Phone 4 and it is working well for me.

Soon I will have Kindel fire to use with my home Wfy router and store written files, think it will work better then dragging my Net. book around with me.;)

flanker

He's correct. If they forced you to upgrade to a smart phone, they conned you. Though, I guess that depends on the carrier you are with.
They just said it would end my present contract, I wanted a new smart phone so they did not con anyone.:rolleyes:

Troncoso

VIP Member
make, model, pics, notarized statement, etc

then MAYBE we'll believe you

Ahah. True

And you made it sound like you didn't want to upgrade. Though, your contract would end regardless. That just means they want you to renew it, and it automatically renews when you buy a new phone at their discount price.

Geoff

VIP Member
I have had a cell phone for over 15yrs I have only had two of the non-smart type the first one I could not get a new battery so I bought a new phone about 10 years ago, been using it since then.

I know I could have bought a simple cell phone but wanted to do banking search web. store pictures.

So it was a I-Phone 4 and it is working well for me.

Soon I will have Kindel fire to use with my home Wfy router and store written files, think it will work better then dragging my Net. book around with me.;)
While I don't disagree that you have a 10 year old phone, it does not work currently to make phone calls, assuming of course you are in the civilized part of the world. If you have a 10 year old phone it was when cellular communications were all analog, in the early-mid 2000's they switched to digital and then in the mid-late 2000's practically all analog phone service had ceased.

flanker

Funny thing I thought my thread was my asking if anyone else had bought the I-Phone 4 and skipped the I-Phone 4s. How it went from my question to what service I had with my older cell phone just has gone right over my small head.

Oh did I mention I bought a FN SCAR 16s?:rolleyes:

jonnyp11

make, model, pics, notarized statement, etc

then MAYBE we'll believe you

my parents still use their motorola i730's, not 15 years but their pretty damn old. only thing is that sprint is dropping their coding soon so they will have to upgrade and they'll move to verizon, but they have had a contract from forever ago with a good amount of data, couple hundred mins and couple hundred texts for like 30 bucks a month

Troncoso

VIP Member
Funny thing I thought my thread was my asking if anyone else had bought the I-Phone 4 and skipped the I-Phone 4s. How it went from my question to what service I had with my older cell phone just has gone right over my small head.

Oh did I mention I bought a FN SCAR 16s?:rolleyes:

Meh, what could be said about the topic was said. We changed it up for ya. Haha.

Some pictures of the rifle would be awesome... unless that is a joke. Then I will just be sad.

flanker

my parents still use their motorola i730's, not 15 years but their pretty damn old. only thing is that sprint is dropping their coding soon so they will have to upgrade and they'll move to verizon, but they have had a contract from forever ago with a good amount of data, couple hundred mins and couple hundred texts for like 30 bucks a month

Yeah Sprint did this also to me and I have been with them for around 18 years. It's costing more then twice my Monthly service cost of my old contract.

But I do really like the newer smart phones.:)

flanker

Meh, what could be said about the topic was said. We changed it up for ya. Haha.

Some pictures of the rifle would be awesome... unless that is a joke. Then I will just be sad.

My new FN SCAR 16s is no joke it is making friends with my two AR15s a S&W&LMT also a Hungarian AMD-65 and three Arsnel SGL AKs.;)

I agree think we have covered the topic very well now.:)

Okedokey

The iphone 4S has a faster processor, better screen etc. Its a big upgrade. I have been given it free from my provider. Gave it to my GF, she's happy.

DMGrier

VIP Member
for those who do not want to use smart phones do not have too with companies like At&t and Tmobile, you buy one of there basic plans and put the chip into a pay as you go flip phone and it will use your current plan.

I had to do this cause I had a LG vue and were I was working no camera phones were aloud so just put my sim card into a standard flip phone and even though it was pay as you go it ran off the plan attached to my sim card.